Forum

What Happened?

Created 19th November 2009 @ 14:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

Edit: Byte, please stop posting.

@ ETF2L AC admin (or AC admin 3 hours ago)

@d2m, who is like me, reacting as a player and not as an admin.
Only posts by head admins are official ;)

Last edited by d2m,

Jones

I’d suggest waiting for more details to come out before jumping to conclusions and making a complete arse of yourself. That includes both sides of this argument. Without more details this is just a hypothetical argument.

I lol’d at the chewbacca argument mind, that was from Southpark ye? Which episode I forgot :x

Last edited by Jones,

ZeyOrk

Are you forgetting that it’s not an etf2l ban zeyork? What exactly do you expect to happen?

This thread did exactly what it should have done – exposed cliquey double standards in certain people. Only too happy to see the back of certain people, but when it comes to anyone in the circle, they all chip in to hire jonny cochran.

yeah,but if he “cheated” on esl, then he is likely to cheat on etf2l also. plz dont butcher me for this comment, its just my point of view, I have no evidence what so ever, but it seems more logic that way.

edit: but I am not an admin, so i will just shut my mouth :)

Last edited by ZeyOrk,

Blade

[insert butthurt whine here]

I applaud him if he did cheat, at least he wasnt as much of a moron as the usual cheaters. If you cheat, do it big. Not like those idiots with aimbots in div3 :D

LooooL, I did not see Spicke was the last one who posted before me, no offense^^

is it a joke or you are member of this famous western european herd?

Last edited by Blade,

fJack

k^m

F5ing like the Furies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I’d suggest waiting for more details to come out before jumping to conclusions and making a complete arse of yourself. That includes both sides of this argument. Without more details this is just a hypothetical argument.

Whilst I partly agree with that, had this been some random div3 player, I doubt anybody would consider “waiting for more details to come out” I’m sure most people would simply accept the Aeq-AC findings. After all, many of the cheaters banned by ETF2L afaik were only banned from this league and the issued statement of their ban was all that we ever got in terms of information

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

@d2m, who is like me, reacting as a player and not as an admin.
Only posts by head admins are official ;)

Correct – I left the AC team for my own reasons, including objecting to the VAC bans. I clearly stated in my first post in the thread that I have nothing to do with them anymore. I wish them all the best, and it will be interesting to see how this is handled, should evidence be passed to the AC team by ESL.

My comments in this thread are as a player and a team leader in this league. It does concern me to see bans appear like this, and I am as curious as the rest of you as to what will happen. It’s big news…

But ETF2L as a league will not be commenting until more information is received. It is completely irresponsible to do so. My position here is to answer any questions that I see, moderate any unnecessary comments and to F5 like mad waiting for an official response when the time is right.

Last edited by d2m,

SfynX

T2P

well people are now demanding that we see evidence ov this. however i highly doubt it, considering that ESL may not show the evidence in public. if they decide to do something about him we still wont be able to justify and protest against it without seeing proof.

vlad_drac

xoxo

I lol’d at the chewbacca argument mind, that was from Southpark ye? Which episode I forgot :x

Yeah, the chewbacca defence from jonny cochran. He uses it against chef when chef has some argument about writing a song that some dude stole.

It’s used to confuse people so that they forget what they were doing and end up agreeing. I thought it was pretty apt, personally! Take someone down an infinite number of tangents, making them slowly forget the massivepile of evidence you had against them originally and offering confusing sideways glances into unrelated speculations and facts. Yep, sounds like someone i know!

Swarley

cool^m

F5ing like the Furies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcXvqiho4w

OMG THAT OWNS!

ZeyOrk

Yeah, the chewbacca defence from jonny cochran. He uses it against chef when chef has some argument about writing a song that some dude stole.

It’s used to confuse people so that they forget what they were doing and end up agreeing. I thought it was pretty apt, personally! Take someone down an infinite number of tangents, making them slowly forget the massivepile of evidence you had against them originally and offering confusing sideways glances into unrelated speculations and facts. Yep, sounds like someone i know!

you and your “chewbacca references” hehe, it really made my day, nice one

edit: I was not being Sarcastic

Last edited by ZeyOrk,

“Penaltypoints (12) Currently banned in all leagues because of too many penalty points.”

What’s a penalty point? Was he given them because he was banned or did they cause the ban (or both)?

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

“Penaltypoints (12) Currently banned in all leagues because of too many penalty points.”

What’s a penalty point? Was he given them because he was banned or did they cause the ban (or both)?

ESL give penalties for certain actions such as failing to upload screenshots, aequitas files, not turning up for a match etc. “Cheating” is a straight 12 points, which is an automatic 2 year ban.

Here’s a link to the penalty points log from ESL Season 4: http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season4/penalties/ . It should help to explain what players/teams received points for.

And this link: http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season4/rules/#rule_66 , are the ESL specific penalty points rules :)

Last edited by d2m,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

This is gonna be awesome.

AnAkkk

I have now talked to one of the Aequitas admins, and that is the match where boomeh cheated:

http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season4/match/15097061/

You can even check his aequitas file, and it’ll tell you that he manipulated it. He removed the line which show up the cheat.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »