Forum

question about movierecording

Created 12th October 2009 @ 11:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

hi i was going to create a movie with the “how to” of:
http://www.pldx.com/blog.php/2009/06/compiling-images-to-video-in-virtual-dub/#more-67 and http://www.pldx.com/blog.php/2009/06/team-fortress-2-movie-recording-guide/. my problem is now that every testmovie i record is very slow or very fast.

i tried to record with 90fps and 30fps but the result is everytime the same.

some one has a clue what i can do that the moviespeed is normal?

Last edited by Sendo Takeshi,

Absolute

try recording using the startmovie command. i.e “startmovie myMovie1 avi”

I normally choose Microsoft AVI, but you can download decent codecs designed for this.

I just choose to use MS AVI and edit them down to a different format in Adobe Premiere.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

What do you mean the vid is too slow or too fast? Ingame or when you play them?

Set host_framerate to whatever FPS you want to record at, and don’t worry about playback speed. Then compile the images in virtualdub and set the framerate to the host_framerate you recorded with and render it out however you prefer. If you render uncompressed you won’t really be able to play it back until you compress it.

the video i play with my movieplayer (windows media player)

i try the record Absolute wrote and then yours maybe it goes better and i dont have the problem anymore. i write later how it goes

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

the video i play with my movieplayer (windows media player)

i try the record Absolute wrote and then yours maybe it goes better and i dont have the problem anymore. i write later how it goes

unless you compress it with a codec you won’t be able to play it in windows media player

unless you compress it with a codec you won’t be able to play it in windows media player

cause i dont know so right what you want to know i write what i did that i could play it with my media player:

the guide i wrote at the page said i have to record the single .tga’s and put them in V-Dub. i have to choose the framerate i recorded with (the example said 90 so i did it also for the test) and wrote 90 in the emptyfield. the next step was to choose a compression. the guide said a codec out of the internet could be usefull, the codec was called “Lagarith lossless codec” or something like that. the next and last step said i just have to save the avi somewhere and done. i did everything i could watch it over my windows medai player and saw it was too fast ( the char ran around like he was on drugs) so i tried it again maybe i did something wrong but this time the char ran around very slow.

i tried know the version Absolute with the startmovie command for the console but i could not find a “Microsoft AVI codec” i fond a lot of other things so i just recorded with “microsoft video 1” or sth like that ( dont know the right name) but the whole video was a bunch of lags in the movieplayer.

so what can i do know or what have i done wrong? i really dont know i’m a newcommer with videos =). maybe use fraps for videorecords :o?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Lagarith lossless codec is basically uncompressed, try encoding it with xvid

baerbel

trick17
trick17

the movie files you are trying to watch are way to big, you need a editing program to watch them properly

so i tried now to record a testvideo via “startmovie xxx avi” and tried the xvid codec but all what happend was a critical error of TF2 ^^ then i tried it again with the “microsoft video 1” and copied the video into sony vegas, the preview was “laggy” like hell i dont think a good editing is possibly but i created the video and watched it via the windos media player but there was the speed normal.

i think when i get the lagg out of the sony vegas editingpart it’s allright to work with it but i dont know how i can do this x_x

Skyride

DUCS

Install Lagarith and use that in Vegas.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

so i tried now to record a testvideo via “startmovie xxx avi”

lose the avi, do a normal startmovie and compile and compress the .tga files in vdub

ah now i get it x_X

recorded a new testvideo with .tga’s put them together in V-Dub selected a framerate und made a .avi out of it but it looks great. thanks for ya help =) now can i finally going to start with the real work :>

Jh

Hey dats!

LOL NOOBS

fJack

k^m

LOL NOOBS

Oldie but a goody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKrvCVAD2xA

Last edited by fJack,

Skyride

DUCS

LOL NOOBS