Forum

Potential LAN

Created 8th September 2008 @ 01:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

Agro

(Q)<

an easy sell, saves us having to organise our own LAN Party. VenGeaNce will be there; even if it’s just Sm0ke, me and four hookers.

bobberyayo

8{

Would like to come, but don’t see my team going. So if I’d go, I’d like to go with a mix team or be added to another team attending (that is, if they don’t mind or they have a player short anyway).

Wlv

RaWr ::

I suppose this is about the prospect of another TLR LAN, after the last one which was in the same location IIRC?

The interest is encouraging but I’m sure you’ll notice that the previous TLR LAN had massive amount of positive interest from the source community only to end up having five teams attend and a reduced prizepot, when on the outset it seemed like there would be 20+ teams attending. The majority of teams attending LANs like this are not the top 10 teams around, of course

I can’t help but think that the same applies here. As much as I would like to think such an event would be arranged and go ahead, and successfully for that matter, history does have a tendancy to repeat itself when the circumstances are more or less identical.

Yes KOVACS, if I can get 20 “provisional definates” I will release more information, it is not easybash, it will effectively be a “TLR” LAN (with some added “orgs”…….)

Reasons as to why the CSS LAN had lots of interest but not many teams turning up :-

a) The CSS LAN was RIGHT in the middle of the exam period

b) The event was 1 month after it was initially advertised (I feel this period of time should be at minimum, doubled)

c) The cash prize was simply not big enough to tempt the availible teams (ones that diddn’t have exams) to come to holland – CSS is a little like TF2 where only a few orgs will give transport support to their squads, so the top 3 prizes have to at least be close to giving the player profit. Again, like previous TF2 LANS the main bulk of teams attending are generally not in the “top 10”, ofcourse you will have a handful of big teams turning up, but, for example, look at the i34 cod4 and css signups, nearly 70% (and i’ve done research here:P) of those teams are either classes as “low/mid” or mix teams, hence, the profit statement above.

d) The event was right at the start of the “Summer LAN” period, with things like Dreamhack? TeX and so on coming soon after, teams kept back for these.

I certainly feel with the right marketing, timing and costs (prizes, entrance etc) a tf2 LAN in the same location would have a different and better outcome than the CSS version :)

SonDac

so this has nothing to do with the izibash lan? just the same location? not that i know anything about the easybash lan but wouldnt it be easier and cheaper to run the tf2 tournament at easybash?

Wlv

Same Location, not ness as it’s still the same venue (same prices to enter almost, if not, we can get it cheaper), but info like this will be released at a later date, when I can confirm to the rest of TLR management that we have enough interest.

saiboat

1,5 – 2 hours with my car. would defo go :)

Qun

GoT<3

Any updates yet?

Smoke

-LaB-

update us damn it!!!!

beta

Guys…be a little patient, these things take more then 1 week to organise or even try and work out a plan on how to make it sucessful, not just a LAN for you are your friends. :)

Smoke

-LaB-

sorry just excited at a legitimate reason to got o holland ;)

Wlv

Yea firstly we need to get the numbers (which we have) to work with and also arrange for extra things for the venue, find decent dates when the venue is use-able (so that it doesnt coincide with exams and so on, yes I know a lot of people have exams mid feb :P), really theres so much to sort out, but rest assured, the ball is rolling :)

Mick-

sounds fine..

N/A

Wooohooo! Naiz. Best idea would to be do deposits, that would give you a better idea of who is really serious in coming.

Looking forward to it :]

Oh and… do it in an england half term, kthxbai lolz.

Nodachi

vR|

verTonix would show up aswell :)

WySiWyG

syn^

hopefully we will have a team there too.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »