Forum

TF2Turbo

Created 15th August 2008 @ 23:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

caesium

bybben, that stuttering you were experiencing happens if you’ve not got a “good connection” to the server (or if the server isn’t good). By “good connection” it seems to be how consistent the packet timing is, not just your latency (though they are usually related). It basically happens because we’re doing very different movement than the TF2 client predicts, so any disruption to the flow of information from the server and your client will try to predict your movement (incorrectly). Unfortunately Valve don’t allow TF2 to be properly modded, so I don’t know of any way we can change this atm.

However there are a few things you can try that help for some ppl, the most obvious being not using wifi locally if you are atm, and playing on a server with good routing for your isp (see http://tf2turbo.digitalcreation.se/#c6.1 for info about the problem and possible solutions). Sadly noone’s found a magic solution so far except not using wifi locally and having a “good” isp that has a “good connection” to a decent server.

Btw if you want to see what it’s like on a decent connection/server, you can now download the server files yourself from http://tf2turbo.digitalcreation.se/#c3.1 (very simple installation, and do it on a dedicated server if you don’t want to risk accidentally screwing up your TF2).

Jh

Hey dats!

well if you removed the auto bh, then how could a scout control his bh/dj? he’d always have to dj, and eventhough it increases the speed quite significantly it may not always be beneficial.

my ONLY problems are, finding a server that doesnt stutter (or just figuring out the perfect netcode settings) and the current maps obviously arent made for this kind of movement. need more wider and bigger corridors, no extra shit on the ground, ramps without any obstacles in the beginning/end, higher skyboxes etc.

Give the mod some time, it’ll grow on you.

Depch

First thoughts of the mod. Meh, hated the idea of getting something in that could divide the communtity a bit, that’s usually the stuff that kills a game in the long run. But then again as long as the stuff stays serverside option it’s good and doesn’t make it any harder to switch in between the game modes.

Personally I do like games with bh, such is the thing with this mod. I do see good potential in the mod to revive something that’s been lost since qwtf/tfc/ff/etf. It’s still a bit choppy the maps aren’t very suitable for the bh atm. and then there was this issue about the autobunny, all was fine until I realised that you could do all the stuff by just holding the jump down.. Like some ppl have whined about tf2 about it’s noobinesh due loss of movement, how does an autobunny fix that stuff, it’s just as simple, hold down the button.. remove that and I’ll enjoy it a bit more. :P

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Ok, quite fun but face it, its not the bunny hopping we’re used to I thought it might be a bit like Quake series but no you just hold spacebar and you fly around the map i suspected you might actually had to strafe jump but nope too bad I had hope in it that there would be more skill to it.

Wlv

RaWr ::

Seems nice so far, although can’t see it ever replacing vanilla tf2, but is a really good side game, would be interesting to run some ctf fun cups or something :)

saiboat

yeah i didnt like auto jumping and the flying pyro. also im too used to real quake3 kinda strafejumping where it took some skill to do, criclejump and then slowly gain speed.
i dont get that really high jump youre doing in the video but i guess thats too much.

and the maps are ofc not made for this. needs some oldschool plain concrete style maps :D

RedCore

great thing!

already love it…
i also like the “just keep space pressed” since its easy to lern.. but still hard to master (try to get 140% with a scout and keep it!)
also the flying pyro is not realy a problem, i like it.. but dont like pyros.. so i dont realy care about them ^^
the main problem is the absence of maps designed for tf2turbo..

anything else is just great!

LOTR92

What music was in this video?

Freakadelle

Its “come alive” of the Foo Fighters.

LOTR92

thankyou !!!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2