Forum

Pickup2 invite?

Created 5th September 2009 @ 17:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2

Mads.

I vote for a pickup channel called “#Mpuktf2.welshpickup1”

:) so i can play with my fellow vally boys ;).

+1

Fassadin

Hi whu give me add for pickup 2 i have 240 Played for pickup 1 nick for mirc Fassadin

Last edited by Fassadin,

ket-

Can an admin please close this thread ? This is completely “against” the idea of pickup2, and I’d like to avoid having buttloads of people begging for an invite, well, even more people.

The idea is, if a friend of yours or a guy that sees you play thinks you’re good enough for pickup2, he’ll invite you if you ask him or if he thinks about it. Asking strangers that don’t know you at all on a forum like this is not the way it’s supposed to go. Of course it’s still the way it happens for a number of people, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try and prevent it.

That being said, as someone pointed out already, even though there’s no “skill” requirement in itself, having good comms (the chan is NOT just for people who talk, it’s for people with GOOD comms.) implies semi-decent understanding of the game and knowing what to do. You can’t have good comms as a scout if all you do is hang around your main team and leave your scout partner 1v2 or scout “side” uncovered. Good comms would be letting your team know what’s happening on the other side / in their back. I’ve had quite a number of people complain about my warning them for badcomms for that precise reason.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2