Forum

Doing something about the idler punishment

Created 3rd September 2009 @ 02:41

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

toasty.

PHX

I expected nerd rage from the steam forums but not from here. They are stupid hats, who cares?

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

me

toasty.

PHX

Serious business, you stick it to valve by joining that steam group, that will show them. :shakesfist:

Ino

dp.
dp.

Why the fuck would you start pissing of those who never used those idle programs to force Valve to apologise? Makes no sense to me. Why did you idle anyway, those are only useless hats!?!

M0re

Rofl, this really cracks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70AgyIEnBRE

:P

cool song br0

Val

[Fag]
[F(r)ag]

We realise it won’t do much.

However we don’t appreciate being branded cheaters for doing something that they never gave any clues that they were going to do anything about.

Simply “Stop doing it or we’ll kill your items” would have been awesome. What they did is rude and spiteful.

Say there’s a strip of road. You overtake someone on it and there’s a photo taken of you doing it. The next week a sign goes up saying no overtaking and you get a ticket because you did that when the rule wasn’t in effect. You wouldn’t stand for it.

I’m not baww’ing over the lost hat, it’s the principle of the thing.

iQue

keso

You’re using third party software to idle, even if it didn’t give you an advantage ingame it’s still manipulating the game with an external program which is clearly against the Steam TOS. Blame yourselves.

Norris

^ this. it’s illegal. your lack of knowledge doesn’t make it legal in any form. blame yourself and just inform next time. as it stands now just live with it. it’s not such a big deal anyway.

Val

[Fag]
[F(r)ag]

You’re using third party software to idle, even if it didn’t give you an advantage ingame it’s still manipulating the game with an external program which is clearly against the Steam TOS. Blame yourselves.

Read the blog post:

“We’re going to adopt a zero tolerance policy for external applications used to manipulate the persistent item system. Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today, this time we’re only removing the items earned through cheating the system.”

Particularly “We’re going to adopt” and “Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today”. They admit they had NO policy before they did this. Would a warning have been so hard?

and TOS:

Steam and the Steam Software may include functionality designed to identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Steam Software, other Valve products

How does idler give you an unfair competative advantage? TOS has nothing on idler.

alfa

Valve said they flagged my account blah blah blah but I still have 42 useless items in backpack.Good job Valve you cant even do the work for me and dele multi-items

ambra

honestly
I idled the shit out of the system and I didnt get any single hat.. but, god damn, they removed my only jarate but I kept 3 sandviches?

I was like “WOW, YOU GUYS!”

its like I said: “we realized we have taken extremely bad decisions but we cant afford looking like idiots making everyone happy”

minimoose

I didn’t get anything removed, then again after 1000+ hours of idling I didn’t get a hat either. Meh, I’m just happy they increased the drop rate, although it will annoy me even more if I don’t get a hat soon even with the increased chance ^^

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Val you crazy niggah, you should be ashamed getting items using the idler, go cry @ ur mommie coz valve stole your tophat :)

Finally the item/hat system works as it was intended, and you cant brag to your friends anymore coz youve gotten your idler on those couple more hours to get the next hat AMAGAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! All those hours on idler, prlly the pc was running just idler and doin nothing else, YE YOU IDLERS HAVE PUT IN SO MUCH TIME GETTING THOSE ITEMS, i would defo complain ;/

trams

-><-

I think the punishment should be harder, you should be without a car for a week, maybe two!
You didn’t know what the idler program was!
Were did you find it? Myspace?
It could’ve been a virus!
It could’ve been a pedophile!
It could’ve been a rapist!
You could’ve been raped! You could’ve been raped IN THE BUTT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsYjdbrkWxk&feature=related

dougiie

CotC

really not bothered by this at all, I didnt idle that much, and only ever got Boxing Gloves or Razorbacks anyway!

Its cool the drop rate has increased tho =]

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »