Forum

Doing something about the idler punishment

Created 3rd September 2009 @ 02:41

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

Val

[Fag]
[F(r)ag]

Well, a lot of us have been hit by this and we’ve decided to make a group on the matter.

We can’t have valve making up a rule and applying it retroactively. It’s not right.

Details are on the steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Healersagainsthalos

The idea is those with halos on pubs will not be healed/extinquished until valve apologises.

Discuss.

On a personal note i lost a hat but i’m not fussed. I could have lost some weapons too as i tidied up and kept some idler weapons apparently. I medic for my clan so i’d have been pissed if i’d have lost my Kritz, blutsauger or ubersaw.

Shem

boX?
[F(r)ag]

They are hats, pieces of headwear, you cannot see them, they give no benefits to gameplay. Some people wanted them hard enough to use an external program to get them, whch valve decided was gay, so they gave a bit of a wrist-slapping to the offenders and sickly gushy praise to those who didnt idle either on principle or through ignorance.

Save the few that got their inventories fucked up via duplicate deletion, some cosmetic changes have been lost. items of clothing that effect gameplay in no way other than gloating potential.

But here we are, throwing ragefuel on the ragefire, jumping up and down around it and beating our chests. if people are going to whip themselves into a frothy nerdcrusade over this, can we at least keep it to one thread?

This is ridiculous.

Largos^

PRO

This is ridiculous.

I know, right?

Why not just make like your avatar and :D

appe

Damn I look good in my halo.

fJack

k^m

Damn I look good in my halo.

halo??

dellort

So basically, to show valve you don’t like what they’ve done (which is perfectly fine, considering it’s THEIR game) you’re going to be a dick to all the people who did nothing wrong. If anything the idlers should be the ones not getting healed/extinguished, as they were the ones who caused this all in the first place.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

So basically, to show valve you don’t like what they’ve done (which is perfectly fine, considering it’s THEIR game) you’re going to be a dick to all the people who did nothing wrong. If anything the idlers should be the ones not getting healed/extinguished, as they were the ones who caused this all in the first place.

cry more, maybe you get a 2nd extra hat

Oggy

qq

perry

[MIPC]

cry more and get your hats the right way.

gryzor

You guys are really something.

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

like there’s a “right” way, duh

fJack

k^m

Well, a lot of us have been hit by this and we’ve decided to make a group on the matter.

We can’t have valve making up a rule and applying it retroactively. It’s not right.

Details are on the steam group:

[Link]

The idea is those with halos on pubs will not be healed/extinquished until valve apologises.

Discuss.

On a personal note i lost a hat but i’m not fussed. I could have lost some weapons too as i tidied up and kept some idler weapons apparently. I medic for my clan so i’d have been pissed if i’d have lost my Kritz, blutsauger or ubersaw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymZPPCLQaTc&feature=related

1:25

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

joined group

lets do it

trams

-><-

Rofl, this really cracks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70AgyIEnBRE

:P