Forum

Interview with Robin Walker | need some help

Created 30th July 2009 @ 00:32

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

I spoke with robin and he told me that he can do me an interview:

I would need more questions so what do you say ?

All rumors says that Soldier will be next. Can you tell us more about next tf2 update?
We, competive players, are missing good 6v6 maps. We just heard that you are working on them. ETF2L did a mapping contest and there are a lot of quality maps such as Follower, Gullywash, Waste, Yukon and many others. Have you seen them ? If yes, what do you say about them ?
One of the biggest problems in TF2 about Soldier class is that it is very slow. Quake players complain about the firing rate, and run speed. Same for heavy. With the soldier unlocks are you going to fix those Quake roots ?

Also suggest me some more :D

Anathema

Seriously. I hope this isn’t true. Don’t ruin the communication between the competitive scene and Valve by acting like a moron.

gregz

One of the biggest problems in TF2 about Soldier class is that it is very slow. Quake players complain about the firing rate, and run speed. Same for heavy. With the soldier unlocks are you going to fix those Quake roots ?

I don’t think he is going to give a answer that would be give to much away on this.
They spend a week releasing info for a reason

Edit Wow my Av wins

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

AGN.Nigh // TF2.ro: i would like to ask you if you have some time, for an interview.
Robin: I cano do an interview. Just email me the questions at [email protected]

vallone

shotgun for demoman plz

skinnie

TCM

PLZ I BEG U LEAVE HIM ALONE NIGHTBOX

iQue

keso

FYI, while the blog post that appeared on the TF2 blog was about the soldier update, they have yet to officially announce it so I fear you aren’t going to get a single answer on any questions related to that.

miikka

[MIPC]
[MIPC]

Ask him when the new SourceTV demo system is coming out.

(or have they given up on that…)

tesco

mrp.

FYI, while the blog post that appeared on the TF2 blog was about the soldier update, they have yet to officially announce it so I fear you aren’t going to get a single answer on any questions related to that.

that blog post is fake
proof: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10743074&postcount=15

btw, just ideas:
toggle the effects/animations (like the custom backstab animation)
more customization things
the new demo system
multicore

gryzor

Nigh, when I previously wrote that “some” people are ruining the mailinglists, I actually specifically ment you. Please do not fuck things up for the rest of us more than you already have — just walk away.

Leave it alone.

Please. I’m serious.

iQue

keso

Hitsounds, if it’s something they’re considering or refining the character screams to somehow reflect how much damage you’ve done.

Although Gryzor has it lol

appe

Here’s a suggestion: Stop. Now.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Before every question you ask, could you please throw in this little snippet? “Bear in mind that i am in no way voicing the opinions of the compet community or representing them in any way, shape or form. I am 14 and nobody likes me.” ty

UniversalSnip

Not all that many people get to interview him, don’t waste your questions on things we will find out anyway (solly update) or he can’t tell us (solly update) or nobody cares about (what he thinks of gullywash). Ask him for example what his priorities are for the competitive community.

Norris

RW already announced new competitive maps. there’s no need to show him unsharped custom ones. i’m pretty convicted that they’ll pick those maps up anyway if it’s getting some playtime in the community. doubt there’s need to talk to him about the soldier either. as written above, it has yet to be announced that there will be an update. +you can be pretty sure that Valve is already enlighten that the Soldier and the Heavy Classes are pretty slow. they did not change a thing with the heavy update, so you can defo move on to realistic ideas. but keep in mind they develop for public play in the first place. taking away heavys spinup/no movement fire let down would probably qualify him to dominate the pubs!

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »