Forum

Update

Created 23rd June 2009 @ 23:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Buck

http://rapidshare.com/files/248172636/cfg.rar.html

Here is a script i cooked up so you can shoot left rocket with mouse 1 and right rocket with mouse 2 while still retaining right hand models and attack2 on other classes, just put the configs in your config folder and it should work.

iQue

keso

good thing valved fixed the spy hand….

http://www.abload.de/img/cp_badlands0020fj9a.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/t6umaq.jpg

Good going Valve, lol

You can’t aim with the damn spy hand there, it’s right in the middle blocking your view

RaCio

GoT²

UNDOCUMENTED CHANGES
Being attacked while taunting with the Dead Ringer out no longer triggers a Spy’s cloak, but instead keeps the damage reduction for the remaining duration of the taunt.
The Ambassador no longer penetrates buildings.
The Razorback no longer slows a Sniper down.

SIDE EFFECTS FROM OTHER CHANGES
A Pyro’s air blast will now extinguish burning disguised enemy Spies, since knockback no longer affects disguised enemy Spies.
The left-handed Flamethrower has flames that appear out of your left side, but the hitboxes will remain on the right. Only left-handed projectile weapons including, but not limited to, the Soldier’s Rockets, the Demoman’s Grenades/Stickies, and the Sniper’s Arrows will both appear and hit from the left side.
When using the Dead Ringer, any additional cloak a Spy gains from ammo pickups will act as “regular” cloak, taking full damage and flickering when appropriate.
When using the left-handed versions of the Heavy’s Fists or KGB, left-click will trigger a right punch and right-click will trigger a left punch instead of the normally matching sides scheme.

BUGS
Despite the patch notes saying otherwise, the Cloak and Dagger now recharges slower while cloaked.
Left-handed weapons that contain text (the Scout’s Bonk! and the Spy’s Electro-Sapper) will have words appear mirrored instead of reading properly.
The left-handed version of the Dead Ringer has a bugged model and does/may not display the cloak bars properly.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903889

crz

T4F

what about hidden weapon? are there any impacts when changing the weaponhand? im to lazy to try it out

dr.dru

ps

“Steam has found a problem with your local game file. Game files will now be re-aquired from the steam servers.” deleting ‘multiplayer op binaries.gcf’ in steam/steamapps seems to fix this

thanks a bunch, worked nicely!

Tappaa

Got Milk?

<3 4d mousewheel :P

Assault Marine Sigh

so is every top end soldier going to adopt this thing now ? I know wont unless it really does leave a big disadvantage … ?

The whole viewnmodel thing …

fear887

entropy

Just found this one

bind mouse2 “+rightrocket”
alias +rightrocket “cl_flipviewmodels 0; +attack”
alias -rightrocket “-attack”

bind mouse1 “+leftrocket”
alias +leftrocket “cl_flipviewmodels 1; +attack”
alias -leftrocket “-attack”

can we use this?
i mean, it is something that would be impossible without that script
and i think that rules are pretty clear about that:

1.4.8 Addendum

For any scripts not mentioned here, you can use as general rule of thumb: anything that allows you to do something that would be impossible without that script is forbidden.
When in doubt, the admins decide on the legality of the script.

Penguin_

can we use this?
i mean, it is something that would be impossible without that script
and i think that rules are pretty clear about that:

1.4.8 Addendum

For any scripts not mentioned here, you can use as general rule of thumb: anything that allows you to do something that would be impossible without that script is forbidden.
When in doubt, the admins decide on the legality of the script.

In the topic about banning the FaN someone posted a link to a site where they argumented for things that should be banned. This however is just a small thing that doesn’t really matter or give an advantage to either player since both can do it.

compton

cvx|

It’s the rule that sucks, not the interpretation. “Impossible to do without a script” is really vague, it’s a line drawn in sand. Pistol scripts aren’t considered doable but rocket jumps and left/right switching is. I don’t mind it being this way, but the rule still sucks.

There is even difference on views on what is considered a script and what is considered “just fps settings or bindings”.

beta

RaWr ::

A script to change gun hands is pointless in a game as fast as TF2. Its not like you go crouching round corners is it? Well one would hope you don’t.

Those scripts originated from CS players and are no longer used as they have been all banned ! :)

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Erm I completely disagree beta…
The game is fast, but players adapt to that speed?
At first I was a bit sceptical how useful it would be but a few soldiers in my team have been using that left/right click setup and it proved very useful. Especially for when sending spam when holding an area.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Look guys all im going to say on the matter is this.
I once a long time ago tried switching my wanking hand.
Didnt like it.
I think that answers this debate

Tom

[Ci]

I don’t see a reason not to allow it since the option is available to anyone through the menu, a script is just a shortcut for it. Banning this is like banning custom crosshairs configs for different classes, again the option is in the menu but the config is a shortcut.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

A script to change gun hands is pointless in a game as fast as TF2. Its not like you go crouching round corners is it? Well one would hope you don’t.

Those scripts originated from CS players and are no longer used as they have been all banned ! :)

It allows you to spam certain chokepoints and other locations without completely exposing yourself. In direct combat it won’t make a difference though.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »