Forum

Hi - Whats your background...........

Created 10th July 2008 @ 19:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Welcome back.

Moose

[MIPC]

I think the ETF2L admins are going to have some hard time deciding who gets to play in div1 next season and who doesn’t. At the moment there seems to be 11 teams that have some kind of merit to be in div1.

4Kings
wotr
TLR
Excello
Interrobang
Cruciamentum
Oslo Lions
Fracture
Last one alive lock the door
TFPortal.de
extenSia!

Fracture didn’t finish the previous season so are they going to be dropped to div2 as they took one of the last places in div1 last season? And then again, Interrobang is a totally new team with no previous ETF2L experience even though main part of our players come from Clan United and 4Kings. The way I see it, Interrobang is Clan United with a new lineup and we already replaced UNi in the 3rd ETF2L cup. Someone will probably disagree with that though.

I’d say that both both Fracture and ?! are easily more skilled than some of the others in that list but would it be fair to not promote some of the div2 teams after all? Oh well, still some time left before the next season starts and things may change a lot before that happens.

Oh, and welcome back Fracture. I hope that you will find other teams to be a lot tougher challenge now than before :)

Mumfrey

.:DCSB:.

Your right Moose and Ive already been thinking about this. However we will cover it nearer the time once we close signups because, as you say, alot can change between now and then. There are teams that should be there on merit and have every right to be there, but you never know if one of them is going to fail to sign up, or will sign up and say “we’ll get dicked in Div1, dont promote us please”.

At least we’re seeing a change in the ‘big 5’ and the domination shift. makes things a bit more interesting, and Division 2 level will be more competitive with some good clans there next season too.

-Mole

agron

Relic

Well as far as i know, crucia is dead at the moment, but ofc it might be revived before the next season begins.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

<3

Loco

Mayo

ye the next season should be a good one
everyone is starting to get an idea of the skill lvl of the teams invovled
and should make it a lot better in the upcoming season
:)

byte

What total bs tbh. All i’ve seen in the “top” flight of TF2 is clans reforming, folding and the funny thing is what? That the clans reforming and folding all constitute around the same players who were in those clans.

For example Anim had some fracture players, and oh oh fracture have no reformed yet Anim folded… like wow 1 step forward to the community and 3 steps back.

Am glad chode is back into TF2, talented player and did/does do alot for community. Will be good to see him in action again!. As for the folding of Anim cause fracutre has reformed, just loltastic tbh.

Tis’ the main reason the first league sucked coz original clans folded and reformed to another clan yet the reformed clan was already in the prem league. So pointless!

I suggest those players who keep switching clans and being more loose than a prostitute woman off the streets of London, sort themselves right out! Ya e-pimps!!

Cheers

Byte

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

clans leaving mid-season or such should not be allowed back in for quite some time ihmo. It sucks to see that half of div1 has been decided by w.o as 3-4 clans have gone down each season.

Sure, it is hard to prove a clans stability in a reasonably new game, but for future seasons i think it should be considered to have a “minimum uptime” of 5-6 months before being let into etf2l.

Having clans drop the league lowers the leagues credability (if thats a word..), and as etf2l is the “leading league” of tf2.eu it affects the credability of the whole game as a “serious gaming scene”.

This rant was a bit off topic though, as i am glad to see fracture reformed :). Best of luck, and i hope you stick around ;).

KOVACS

Minimum uptime 5-6 months? Sounds a bit harsh and would probably be worse for the growth of competitive TF2 as it entails restrictions on the league priveleges that new teams are entitled to. I’d argue that its unfair to restrict ALL new teams just because some of them are “repeat offenders” in terms of having unstable rosters that don’t last.

Also, it seems to be certain players that are responsible for such things, not entire teams. How can we blame an entire team for dropping out just because a couple of the members have left? The other players likely have all intentions of playing out their league matches to the end.

It’s like this in every team based fps game, especially in its infancy. I think as a community we should be glad that TF2 has built itself up and is continuing to do so over time, as opposed to the typical scenario where a game is released, hyped massively, gets lots of attention in the first few months then quickly dies off, both in a public sense and competitively.

The “frequent offenders” feel they can afford to kangaroo hop from clan to clan because they now have a reputation to their name, knowing that players and teams will constantly be looking to scoop them up, but be glad that this scene is not nearly as closed as others, example CS:S where unless you are a highly regarded player with a considerable reputation, you don’t stand a chance in getting into a decent team. New talent still has a chance to flourish in this scene, which makes it stronger as a whole.

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

About topic I just say gg Animate :>

Beside, any discussion about Season 3 Divisions are too early for the moment.
We are having some new ideas for Season 3 in mind anyway which might solve some problems we might get. Anyway, a talk about Divisions is useless until Season 3 Sign-Up period is over and we know who and how many teams will participate.

Chode

Fracture //

Becarefull what you say people.

mvp will beat you op at LAN.

i called it!

SfynX

T2P

since theirs gonnas be alot of clans joinin enxt season, change is essential incase, and yeh div1 with 11 teams, woah! well we can take this into prospective that tf2 competative is becoming more common.
too bad for the long wait but id guess its needed for the extension.

Chode

Fracture //

you could said alot or you could say alittle.

Fracture will focus on the LANs

Fracture will focus on having a good TIME

Fracture will focus on having drunken tandrums leed by chode!

Fracture is fracture! the top 1 clan in EURO we are and will always be who we are !

repeat

Chode

Fracture //

edited for drunk comments

Haunter

well said byte.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »