Forum

Game crashes since the new updates

Created 30th May 2009 @ 20:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

fJack

k^m

I have a pretty much similar issue, except I use x86 Windows Vista.
For me it’s absolutely random. I can play for hours and get no crash or it may crash after 5 minutes of playing. My game freezes, but I can ctrl+alt+del out and kill the process.
After the update Steam told me to defragment my gamefiles but that didn’t help. I don’t use AVG either but I may check a few programs from that list. ( k-lite codec pack & Daemon Tools )

mine behaves in a similar manner but it’s vista x64.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Still no luck I think, it’s a shame ETF2L only allow pause at the end of a round (ie,. when we’ve lost the round because we’ve lost a player) afaik american leagues allow pause during the round – I honestly cant see the point in this round end only pause rule.

xtala

That coud(/would) be abused.
And it’s pretty annoying when done without warning, it’s not very funny when it happens when you’re in the middle of a fight or a rocketjump.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Yeah but consider it’s only 9 games a season. The rule should be changed to say that one team is allowed one (in-play) pause per map. I don’t think I’m the only person suffering with TF2 problems, doesn’t seem a fair rule when teams practise all week for a game only for a player to drop and a round to be lost (especially true if the medic drops)

Still no luck I think, it’s a shame ETF2L only allow pause at the end of a round (ie,. when we’ve lost the round because we’ve lost a player) afaik american leagues allow pause during the round – I honestly cant see the point in this round end only pause rule.

tf2 breaks, blame etf2l
SCORE!

Holy shit why didn’t I know of this list?

Meh, I use AVG all the time and have it active when I play TF2. The list isn’t that important :D

Contra

Be

“This user has been banned from the ETF2L. This ban will expire on 13 August 2009” nuff said

euhm reinstall maybe or create backup and then reinstall the backup i dunno

Haunter

do u have OC in your cpu?

toasty.

PHX

@ Fragga,

I have quad q6600, 8800 gtx and used to use vista 86, I crashed all the time, any map over 24 players, goldrush (after a tf2 update a few months back, it used to tun ok), some other payload maps.

Just a few days ago I reinstalled XP and I can play any and every map I want, I have played loads of hours and its never crashed (used to be every 30 mins or so).

I know re installing an OS is a huge pain but if you play as much tf2 as we all do, its worth a shot.

Oh yeah – I couldn’t use multicore on vista (it would crash every other map) and it runs brilliantly on xp.

Loe

I’ll try using Windows7, will post if there are any improvements.

Haunter

windows 7 crashes aswell :p

AnAkkk

Do you have any mdmp files in your tf2 folder when the game crash?

eoN^

Watching the trolls come out at night is fun.

Good luck with fixing it Fragga.

Please don’t rage because I said your config was dire :(

PS that wasnt why i was “raging” at you, im raging at you because your a little imature troll who doesnt deserve to be in this forum. Ive not seen one constructive post from you, all i ever see is you “baiting” or whining or trolling.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I discovered that AVG was making me crash since the update. No idea why or how, but my friend who knows more about PCs than I do examined various event logs and every tf2 crash (that led to PC crash) occured precisely 3 seconds after AVG did some specific process.

Like I said, I don’t know shit about shit and my friend could have been completley wrong (I haven’t played tf2 since this discovery), but it may be something to think about.

AVG is on Steam’s/TF2’s shit list.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

Hmm then why does my game not crash while im using AVG.

(not entirely true, because sometimes it crashes while using the server browser :P. But never in-game)

Loe

Do you have any mdmp files in your tf2 folder when the game crash?

not for me, no

Loe

I tried using the +autoconfig parameter and since then, it’s working stable again.
Maybe that may help you too

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »