Forum

Game crashes since the new updates

Created 30th May 2009 @ 20:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Yeah so my TF2 has been crashing non-stop since the patch before the sniper/spy one. The problem seems worse in clan wars/pugs for some reason, I don’t use any wait commands and the problem is there whether I use multicore or not, fps configs don’t help. Obviously I am unable to play TF2 competitively atm and I don’t expect anyone to know the solution I’m just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues? I use vistax64, 8800GTX. Sometimes I can go 30 mins without a crash but more often than not I’m crashing like twice a map, the crash actually freezes my machine forcing me to restart.

N/A

RaWr ::

You were useless anyway, clan00 can now find a decent soldier. kty

kaidus

WiK?

I discovered that AVG was making me crash since the update. No idea why or how, but my friend who knows more about PCs than I do examined various event logs and every tf2 crash (that led to PC crash) occured precisely 3 seconds after AVG did some specific process.

Like I said, I don’t know shit about shit and my friend could have been completley wrong (I haven’t played tf2 since this discovery), but it may be something to think about.

AnAkkk

So you don’t have swine flu? :p

What is your video card driver version?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

That may be true Joske, but what you lack is what I have – the maturity to laugh at your immaturity.

I updated my drivers last night and it still crashes

fJack

k^m

I discovered that AVG was making me crash since the update. No idea why or how, but my friend who knows more about PCs than I do examined various event logs and every tf2 crash (that led to PC crash) occured precisely 3 seconds after AVG did some specific process.

Like I said, I don’t know shit about shit and my friend could have been completley wrong (I haven’t played tf2 since this discovery), but it may be something to think about.

AVG is on Steam’s/TF2’s shit list.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

N/A

That may be true Joske, but what you lack is what I have – the maturity to laugh at your immaturity.

I updated my drivers last night and it still crashes

Funny what you lack is what I have as well – A brain.

Abunai

I had the same problem, but I don’t run AVG so it wasn’t that (if you do it could be though, who knows).
I verified the integrity of my TF2 cache, and for some reason the update buggered it so I had to re-install, it works fine now though.

Steam > my games > Right click tf2 > properties > local files > Verify

eoN^

Watching the trolls come out at night is fun.

Good luck with fixing it Fragga.

N/A

Watching the trolls come out at night is fun.

Good luck with fixing it Fragga.

Please don’t rage because I said your config was dire :(

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

gratz on being a dick joske

N/A

gratz on being a dick joske

Gratz on being baited when I weren’t throwing the bait in your direction :)

Loe

I have a pretty much similar issue, except I use x86 Windows Vista.
For me it’s absolutely random. I can play for hours and get no crash or it may crash after 5 minutes of playing. My game freezes, but I can ctrl+alt+del out and kill the process.
After the update Steam told me to defragment my gamefiles but that didn’t help. I don’t use AVG either but I may check a few programs from that list. ( k-lite codec pack & Daemon Tools )

kaidus

WiK?

Holy shit why didn’t I know of this list?

fJack

k^m

Holy shit why didn’t I know of this list?

and knowing is half the battle!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »