Created 25th October 2016 @ 15:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

extrasolar

officer
TC

im troling evry1 roflf

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

I mean its not like there have been many other reasons offered other than “It’s annoying”. I think that the only time that “It’s annoying” was argued was vs the short circuit, and no one seems to have defended that.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Morphine

^ This is becoming an argument of semantics rather than the topic at hand. Please refrain from derailing further (and no more baby talk god pls)

[…]

The DR change happened July 2015, off-season between S9 and S10.

A similar case with the Beggar’s Bazooka where the realisation that it’s ‘annoying’ didn’t happen overnight. It took one person to be proficient at the weapon for everyone to start noticing it and wanting it to be banned.

However, the DR is not something only a few can master. It’s been part of the Spy’s kit for god knows how long, and with the changes along the change in playstyles meant that people have called for it to be banned.

Para 1 – July 2015 is off-season between S8 and S9.
Para 2 – I remember in NA it was SneakyPolarBear who used it well to bomb medics and it got banned within a week (Cos people don’t learn to counter?)
Para 3 – By this logic let’s ban Pyro weapons that airblast, that is annoying and changed how teams play points. Oh let’s ban Quick Fix as well. The logic doesn’t work, don’t give in to whining from the masses, be stronger.

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

The logic that the plat council used is that if there’s a really good player using the deadringer or the razorback, being able to get a pick on them is just down to luck and it means that the game is too oriented around particular classes, which is already a big downside for highlander.

extrasolar

officer
TC

Quoted from Toast

If your vote gets swayed by someone calling you something you don’t like, then how are you eligble to vote?

Falsehood. If someone opposes the stance of someone who is trying to provide actual evidence and reason while retorting their point of view with nothing more than childish behaviour and ad hominem attacks, anyone with an IQ above 90 and basic debating knowledge would side with the group providing evidence due to virtue alone (provided they were on the fence about the issue), even if actual arguments exist for the stance the purveyor of the ad hominem attacks holds. It’s entirely possible that Steve turned off potential supporters of him not banning the DR with his behaviour, although I’ve seen no evidence of such happenings in the aftermath.

It’s not a reflection of someone’s sensitivity and emotionalism (a criticism of which is rather rich coming from etf2l community tbh) to side against the bloke who’s being childish and resorting to ad hominem attacks in the face of conflict, it’s simply a reflection of intellect.

And now you’re attempting to deny democracy on the grounds of falsified accusations heavily influenced by your own anecdotal arguments

Christ the EU would love you lmao

Last edited by extrasolar,

Clark

SDCK!

The fact that astonishes me a lot more than the DR ban is the amount of people getting baited by gost and Extrasolar.

On topic: There are only two truly great active DR+Amby spies in prem next season and both of them are perfectly capable of performing on the same level without using either one of those weapons so if teams that voted for banning DR did it to troll & to hurt their performances the joke’s on those teams. And if they did it because they believe it’s ruining the highlander meta – good for them but I haven’t heard any strong arguments from their side, only the already mentioned “it’s annoying to play against” and that bothers me a bit.

Either way, I’m happy that highlander still brings such heated discussions to the table, the game is not dead at all despite what naysayers might think.

gost

Quoted from Clark

The fact that astonishes me a lot more than the DR ban is the amount of people getting baited by gost and Extrasolar.

Yes, of course, I’m baiting lmao
Not everyone saying things you don’t like is doing to to annoy you. Frankly the topic has never bothered me to begin with, I was showed this thread, I pointed out that people were attacking one another rather than giving arguments for either side and as a consequence I got attacked. That’s not bait, that’s just amusing.
I have no real plans to argue for or against anything, but just because you don’t like someone, that doesn’t mean their presence is meant to anger you.

I’d even left, because Goreston was just going to keep hitting his head against a wall trying to make it give way, but thank you for roping me back.

Toast

WEED
S-O

Quoted from Clark

Its not about baiting, it’s trying convey a message to admins in the hope that they see the magnitude of their fuck up. It’s abundantly clear to most people that what they have written is just “baiting”. I suspect though that someone meaningful will misinterpret what has been posted, like the bollocks written above. If anything even remotely close to this happened in 6s, people would be up in arms. It mostly comes back to:

Who will you ask for advice? the professors, or the students that repeatedly fail their exams?

Quoted from Clark

…but I haven’t heard any strong arguments from their side, only the already mentioned “it’s annoying to play against” and that bothers me a bit..

Same goes for the short circuit, why was it banned? Who did it ever annoy? When was it ever used to do this? What will the new whitelist achieve? The list goes on and on and on..

Goreston

Quoted from extrasolar

[…]

Falsehood. If someone opposes the stance of someone who is trying to provide actual evidence and reason while retorting their point of view with nothing more than childish behaviour and ad hominem attacks, anyone with an IQ above 90 and basic debating knowledge would side with the group providing evidence due to virtue alone (provided they were on the fence about the issue), even if actual arguments exist for the stance the purveyor of the ad hominem attacks holds. It’s entirely possible that Steve turned off potential supporters of him not banning the DR with his behaviour, although I’ve seen no evidence of such happenings in the aftermath.

It’s not a reflection of someone’s sensitivity and emotionalism (a criticism of which is rather rich coming from etf2l community tbh) to side against the bloke who’s being childish and resorting to ad hominem attacks in the face of conflict, it’s simply a reflection of intellect.

And now you’re attempting to deny democracy on the grounds of falsified accusations heavily influenced by your own anecdotal arguments

Does this word salad come with dressing?

Grenja

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

Does this word salad come with dressing?

By default we like to include thousand island, but a modification can be made to your specifications oh mighty Caesar.

Goreston

Quoted from Grenja

[…]

By default we like to include thousand island, but a modification can be made to your specifications oh mighty Caesar.

I re-vinaigrette leaving an opening for salad-based puns.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Toast

If anything even remotely close to this happened in 6s, people would be up in arms.

if dr got banned in 6v6 people would just laugh at the triggered spy mains. oh wait, it’s exactly the same in as in highlander :D

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from scrambled

The logic that the plat council used is that if there’s a really good player using the deadringer or the razorback, being able to get a pick on them is just down to luck and it means that the game is too oriented around particular classes, which is already a big downside for highlander.

My retort to this is – HL is orientated towards Spies? Is a lot of argument that HL was orientated towards Scouts when the best teams in UGC NA Plat S5 and S6 were carried by Blaz and Ruwin. Before that it could have been Demos/Heavies with the Polk/Arthur generation or the style to stack heals on Demos. With the likes of Max, Scizor, Tviq being so proficient you could argue it’s geared towards Snipers.

Only thing is clear from this is that HL is all 9 classes, some are more impactful than others due to the way they were designed by Valve, when implementing a whitelist unless your aim is to attempt to balance the 9 classes (which is something whitelists should never be designed to do), the logic is redundant.

Ability should be respected and challenged not withdrawn.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from extrasolar

[…]

Reality check you posted this at 2am and you were on your computer arguing about TF2 with Toast – A guy who doesn’t even lock his PC at LAN and is a Spy main.

This evidence suggests your IQ is not above 90 or otherwise the methods for measurement of IQ should be re-evaluated to account for this. :)

Last edited by Hildreth,

Ze Man

water123

if there weren’t any 5cp maps this season i’d be fine with the ban since running the invis is tf2 easymode. 5cp maps have little to no ammo pickups and alot of shutter doors making your decloacks and positioning easier to predict.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »