Forum

European Mix League

Created 6th May 2015 @ 21:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Meeto

Quoted from Spreijer

Nice sudden fundraiser without any real work done yet.

At least they’re making an effort.

schocky

ist doof

Quoted from fraac

I’d use tf2playerrankings.com instead of asking them their skill.

lol’d

Phnx

Quoted from fraac

for tf2pickup or center?

stephen

Quoted from fraac

Don’t do this, who has ever took lobby serious?

Kengur

Quoted from schocky

Quoted from fraac

lol’d

^

Last edited by Kengur,

Atzebumm

(ETF2L Donator)
Dr. med.

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

At least they’re making an effort.

https://teamfortress.tv/thread/20505/tf2games

He made an effort too.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Atzebumm

[…]

https://teamfortress.tv/thread/20505/tf2games

He made an effort too.

The difference between that and this is that this doesn’t sound like a scam and sounds like it’s actually possible at least, unlike TF2games

chando

Quoted from stephen

[…]

Don’t do this, who has ever took lobby serious?

I looked into tf2playerranking (because previously I’d never heard of it) and yeah basing it off lobbies doesnt seem a little inaccurate. More than likely, skill groups will be determined from other leagues that player has participated in.

AB

Just look at the highest div/tier the person has played in. Playerrankings are cool if you’re intererested in stats but beyond that they’re a joke if you want to objectively compare skill, hardly anyone takes pugs seriously.

Last edited by AB,

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from fraac

It’s for balancing lobbies and pickups and tracks behaviour of those specific populations in those conditions, probably not appropriate for this.

Might be interesting to run a fantasy game off it ;)

Last edited by Gentleman Jon,

Exze

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

[…]
It’s for balancing lobbies and pickups and tracks behaviour of those specific populations in those conditions, probably not appropriate for this.

Might be interesting to run a fantasy game off it ;)

You just have to look at some of the ‘top players’ to understand that it’s not reliable as a basis of Competitive. Last time I checked, the #1 soldier had under 1000 kills… I’m pretty sure that doesn’t make him prem!

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Exze

You just have to look at some of the ‘top players’ to understand that it’s not reliable as a basis of Competitive. Last time I checked, the #1 soldier had under 1000 kills… I’m pretty sure that doesn’t make him prem!

Tagg is currently the top soldier. He has played in ESEA for 8 seasons including 4 at invite level, played at ESEA Lan 3 times and achieved overall victory in season 13 and 14 winning prizes EU TF2 players can only dream of.

Still, that doesn’t make him prem either right?

Exze

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

[…]
Tagg is currently the top soldier. He has played in ESEA for 8 seasons including 4 at invite level, played at ESEA Lan 3 times and achieved overall victory in season 13 and 14 winning prizes EU TF2 players can only dream of.

Still, that doesn’t make him prem either right?

Well, like I said, last time I check. I don’t really look at it, so I apologise for the incorrect information

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Exze

Well, like I said, last time I check. I don’t really look at it, so I apologise for the incorrect information

It wasn’t incorrect, Tagg has 251 kills on TF2 Center. The point is that the number of kills has nothing to do with his quality, or any other player’s quality. There are plenty of reasonable criticisms I am happy to entertain, but this isn’t one of them.

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from chando

I looked into tf2playerranking (because previously I’d never heard of it) and yeah basing it off lobbies doesnt seem a little inaccurate. More than likely, skill groups will be determined from other leagues that player has participated in.

If at any point you’re planning to look at large numbers of players without league experience it might be more useful for you.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »