Forum

European Mix League

Created 6th May 2015 @ 21:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Bank

Rev.
Syn

Hey, so one of my good friends has come up with a neat new idea for European TF2. All info is here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/euml. I’d strongly suggest looking at it and supporting it, he’s had a tonne of players join in a very small amount of time and it’s all coming out of his own pocket and time, thanks x

Meeto

This actually looks pretty fun.

Chronos

BMS

Looks like a good idea and a lot of fun. Have signed up already :)

prof

Looks fun, what will the team sizes be and will there be rules on mercs? I’m guessing later signups will be assigned to teams as 7th/8th players or something?

Kengur

We need eu pub league

Exze

(ETF2L Donator)

In a response to prof, we will be starting out with the usual competitive formats, so 6’s, HighLander, 4’s, etc. Out first season is likely to be 6’s, but we hope to expand on that soon! In terms of merc’s, we will run a similar system to what other leagues use. You will be allowed one merc, but if they are within a skill level other than your own, they will have to be verified by the other team, or an admin.

letto

sounds fun, signed up for it

Clark

SDCK!

The Russian TF2 Community (Pixling.ru) has run two cups of similar structure, both of which attracted large participation. The last one actually happened in April.

You should really consider working with the guy who organized it – Eniere (http://etf2l.org/forum/user/50128/) since he can share the experience.

Last edited by Clark,

[☁]Emiel

0FO

Quoted from Kengur

We need eu pub league

We will have a debut tier which is for players with no comp experience either than tf2center so kind of a pub tier.

prof

Quoted from Exze

In a response to prof, we will be starting out with the usual competitive formats, so 6’s, HighLander, 4’s, etc. Out first season is likely to be 6’s, but we hope to expand on that soon! In terms of merc’s, we will run a similar system to what other leagues use. You will be allowed one merc, but if they are within a skill level other than your own, they will have to be verified by the other team, or an admin.

Sorry, I phrased that really badly. I was assuming it would be taking the form of 6s, so I was asking whether you would assign just 6 starters to each team or if there would be a roster size of 7 or 8 to give everyone a couple of subs.

chando

The system is still in development as to how it would pan out, but it goes something like this:

Players sign up to their skill level when the announcement goes live. A day before the cup, teams will be picked. These teams will include the standard setup and then 1 or 2 all class subs to play in the event of someone having to leave. These all class subs will either be selected if they specify on the signup, or if the player signed up after the official signup period had closed. Further mercs may be used at the same skill tier in addition to the subs.

Hope that clears it all up :)

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I’d use tf2playerrankings.com instead of asking them their skill.

chando

Quoted from fraac

I’d use tf2playerrankings.com instead of asking them their skill.

good idea, I’ll keep it in mind when we get round to developing the website

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Nice sudden fundraiser without any real work done yet.

chando

Quoted from Spreijer

Nice sudden fundraiser without any real work done yet.

Work will begin when a) we have the community backing us b) we have found the right people for the job (Web Developer, Web Host etc) and c) when we have the funds to begin development consistently.

While I and a lot of the staff will be backing this from own our pocket, we are mainly students with part time jobs and can’t entirely a web developer to design a website and then maintain it and a mumble, hence some early fundraising will be helpful to ensure the job can be finished.

You don’t have to donate, we’re not expecting everyone to chip in, however the offer is there if you wish to contribute further to hopefully a new and prosperous TF2 league :)

Last edited by chando,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »