Forum

UGC Banned All Non-Stock Taunts

Created 9th September 2014 @ 04:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

meh, I’m not going to do their job and explain why / why not, but Ducky is on the right track.

(HINT TO UGC: YOU ARE PARTNERED WITH WHITELIST.TF, FUCKING USE IT)

Hot

Double surprise for me:
– people care about ugc
– peolple care about taunts
Thanks

Collaide

They should ban hats and miscs too

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Spreijer

people play ugc?

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/195447/

Apparently!

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/195447/

Apparently!

I didn’t do almost anything and won gold for some reason.

Wanna repeat for the medals))))

kindred

myx
SDCK!

they should at least allow the demoman WOOOOOOOOOOO

hr

Quoted from Collaide

They should ban hats and miscs too

Honestly don’t know why comp leagues don’t ban hats and miscs, no reason not to and it makes comp look like a joke in my opinion. Does etf2l ban them? I think not but I’ve always played with a no hat mod.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from Spreijer

[…]

I didn’t do almost anything and won gold for some reason.

Wanna repeat for the medals))))

I suppose if you can’t win UGC you may as well roster ride on a team that can. 8-)

Quoted from moursi

brb setting up a petition :^)

I’ll make the extra long speech video. We can link it on the petition.

ducky

Quoted from hr

[…]
Honestly don’t know why comp leagues don’t ban hats and miscs, no reason not to and it makes comp look like a joke in my opinion. Does etf2l ban them? I think not but I’ve always played with a no hat mod.

because there’s no reason to ban them either. most hats and miscs have virtually no impact on the gameplay,the ones that do are banned already (like those cringle shoes,noisemakers etc.)

you could ban them,yes. but since there’s some work involved adding all the hats/miscs into a blacklist and distributing that blacklist to everyone people haven’t done it

it wouldn’t make a difference anyways so why bother

hr

Quoted from ducky

[…]

because there’s no reason to ban them either. most hats and miscs have virtually no impact on the gameplay,the ones that do are banned already (like those cringle shoes,noisemakers etc.)

you could ban them,yes. but since there’s some work involved adding all the hats/miscs into a blacklist and distributing that blacklist to everyone people haven’t done it

I believe we use a whitelist not a blacklist and it makes no difference to the effort as items are all listed as 1 or 0. As I said the reason would be to make the game look more professional and something tells me etf2l used to ban them all but stopped because I kinda remember watching casts that way but I could be mistaken.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from hr

[…]
I believe we use a whitelist not a blacklist and it makes no difference to the effort as items are all listed as 1 or 0. As I said the reason would be to make the game look more professional and something tells me etf2l used to ban them all but stopped because I kinda remember watching casts that way but I could be mistaken.

The players can decide whether to wear cosmetics or not. I’m curious how you think it would increase professionalism, so please elaborate.

hr

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

The players can decide whether to wear cosmetics or not. I’m curious how you think it would increase professionalism, so please elaborate.

Letting players decide everything isn’t a great idea look at the fov changing plugin situation. Not that I feel strongly about this but I think hats look stupid on a cast/in general and make TF2 look less serious, I feel it would be better to have stock hats and give the viewer a more consistent viewing experience.

Bulow

GG

Quoted from hr

Letting players decide everything isn’t a great idea look at the fov changing plugin situation. Not that I feel strongly about this but I think hats look stupid on a cast/in general and make TF2 look less serious, I feel it would be better to have stock hats and give the viewer a more consistent viewing experience.

I don’t play/know much about MOBAs, but I know you can purchase alternate skins for different characters – are these banned in competitive settings? Or gun skins in CS:GO.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from hr

[…]

The FOV change situation isn’t comparable at all. It was allowed until the loading bypassed insecure mode and allowed for a possibility of cheating. After that we denied the use of it since the gameplay relied on a third party plugin that wasn’t enforceable in terms of even playing fields for all league matches.

As Bulow mentioned MOBA games: League of Legends and DoTA allow cosmetics, there is precedence in other games to allow cosmetics, as opposed to restricting it.

So again, how would it enforce professionalism in the TF2 competitive scene?

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Collaide

Quoted from ducky

[…]

I guess it would give a slight fps boost to users but I’m not sure ?

Quoted from hr

[…]

They are only useful on opposing scouts or sollies because it’s easier to tell others which took damage.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »