Forum

TF2Pickup.net TDM sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 31st August 2014 @ 16:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 Next »

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Quoted from sorsa

[…]
I don’t need to argue against such a pointless change. Health-packs are a part of dm, if you can’t handle it, move on to mge.

Calling it “Pointless” is kinda rude after I’ve lined up reasons for why I think we should change it, don’t you think? If it really is pointless then you should easily be able to convince me that we shouldn’t remove medpacks, and if you do I’d gladly step down.

letto

people prefer dm over mge because it is NOT 1v1 all the time so FFA would ruin it, at least that’s how i feel

Popcorp

Quoted from Silver Tosspot

How about turning off health packs? I feel like that fancy system you have for giving people health for kills (and assists even..?) is really good for keeping people on a decent health level so that they can always keep DM:ing. Yet a lot of people are more concerned about their KD/stats so they tend to run out of the mids to get health. It’s not too unsusual to see people fleeing into the lobbies in gullywash
….

be left with 5 hp on mid and then a random scout from Big doors shoots at you with lol 5 damage bullet and you’re dead, it’s not a DM if you kill of an enemy with 5 hp across the map…

Last edited by Popcorp,

Collaide

[…]
Calling it “Pointless” is kinda rude after I’ve lined up reasons for why I think we should change it, don’t you think? If it really is pointless then you should easily be able to convince me that we shouldn’t remove medpacks, and if you do I’d gladly step down.

Fighting over health pack control can be important.

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]
be left with 5 hp on mid and then a random scout from Big doors shoots at you with lol 5 damage bullet and you’re dead, it’s not a DM if you kill of an enemy with 5 hp across the map…

It’d be way better like that, because people running away from mids slow down the game way more than people who die and instantly respawn.

Bona

PMW

Hey guys I played one season of open 6 months ago and I have way to revolutionize the way you played DM for years now.

Also notize my profile which clearly states im a scout main and as of now I just want to get (even) more frags in DM with the totally underpowered scootybooty

xoxoxo

Phnx

[…]
It’d be way better like that, because people running away from mids slow down the game way more than people who die and instantly respawn.

the fact that there are no health packs is going to encourage more scouts to just shoot people from a distance because they can’t go back to packs, as if it doesn’t happen too much already.

sorsa

mooz

The point of dm is that you play in the same environment that you play your matches in, and there is no wrong way to play it. Camp on highground? Sure. Sit on a healthpack forever? Go for it. Run away? Keep going. If you are pissed that you can’t finish someone off, that’s your problem and yours only. And how the fuck do healthpacks slow the game down when you can just grab one and go back to battle? Without those packs people would just sit in a corner waiting for regen.

Cheers.

Collaide

Quoted from Bona

Hey guys I played one season of open 6 months ago and I have way to revolutionize the way you played DM for years now.

Also notize my profile which clearly states im a scout main and as of now I just want to get (even) more frags in DM with the totally underpowered scootybooty

xoxoxo

Boner smashtalking – What a surpies

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
the fact that there are no health packs is going to encourage more scouts to just shoot people from a distance because they can’t go back to packs, as if it doesn’t happen too much already.

I thought that was the point the system that gives you health for killing/injuring people

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Quoted from sorsa

The point of dm is that you play in the same environment that you play your matches in, and there is no wrong way to play it. Camp on highground? Sure. Sit on a healthpack forever? Go for it. Run away? Keep going. If you are pissed that you can’t finish someone off, that’s your problem and yours only. And how the fuck do healthpacks slow the game down when you can just grab one and go back to battle? Without those packs people would just sit in a corner waiting for regen.
Cheers.

During matches you can’t run back to last and expect to win a mid, it’s clearly different.

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Quoted from Bona

xoxoxo

That was a team I made to help some people get into comp. Honestly I was hesitant at first because I knew it would look bad on my profile, but I never thought someone would throw it in during a completely different kind of subject.

sorsa

mooz

[…]
During matches you can’t run back to last and expect to win a mid, it’s clearly different.

You never run away from mid? Oh boy. You probably die 25+ times a map.
Also please answer my other points if you still want talk about this terrible idea.

Last edited by sorsa,

Collaide

Quoted from sorsa

[…]

You never run away from mid? Oh boy. You probably die 25+ times a map.
Also please answer my other points if you still want talk about this terrible idea.

m8. point is if you don’t run from fights in dm you get better at winning fights with low health. no point in running away unless u want to gain points, and why is someone playing dm if they just want points anyway?

Last edited by Collaide,

Hallow

P.O.P

dm is retarded in so many ways, arguing that its fine the way it is is stupid as fuck. no health packs is probably fine, any real fight for packs in games isnt really testing your dm ability anyway, its mostly positioning and gamesense. so removing them could change dm more towards just dming. running away is always going to be viable, but the more incentive there is to go for a kill the better.

also if u play demo in dm ur doomed to be bad as fuck for life

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 Next »