Forum

Esports earnings of TF2?

Created 7th April 2014 @ 23:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

This topic should be called “how much money would you earn if you didn’t play TF2”.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

Iller

tGa

Yes, the price money amounts are a bit of joke when not even the top players earn much more than a little coffee money.
On the other hand, if money becomes the only motivation for playing then it wouldn’t lead to anything good either.

The ideal, I think, would be a decent amount of price money. Not such a huge amount that you can make a living from it, but it should still be enough to feel like a nice reward for your hard work with your team.

It’s a bit sad TF2 is not more popular as a professional esport game. In my opinion it’s the best team based esport first person shooter game ever made, especially when it comes to public events with a lot of spectators. Most other games seems to be more about just graphics and pixel precise aim.
TF2 is a nice mix of aim, movement, diversity of classes that other games, in my opinion, lack.

doks

TF2 =/= E-SPORT.

At best its a hobby

Linus

[d¿s]

around 230 euros across 4 years of playing competitive. Oh, and some indie games, merchandise and pixel trophies. Well worth it!

Last edited by Linus,

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Only way for them bigger tf2 earnings is trading.

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Some games and a razer hydra.

Mista

108.13 euros in 2 years! THANKS TF2! THANKS ETF2L :DD

could take my gf to the best Mc Donald’s in town (made her happy with the best menu in there with large french fries & large coke)!

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

-€xxxxx

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

san alex

We are live here in Telford, UK for the main event! We will get a shot at the 500 euros?!

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

-€xxxxx

:(

:)

Thanks mate, you’re the absolute best.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Quoted from Linus

around 230 euros across 4 years of playing competitive. Oh, and some indie games, merchandise and pixel trophies. Well worth it!

And DOTA 2 key when it still was an actual prize.

Mista

I’ve forgot wireplay’s earnings! That’s a cool gesture from such a small league btw!

In the end, I don’t see how anyone could be actually playing for the purpose of winning TF2 cash prizes. Even in LANs the amounts seem so insignificant.

Last edited by Mista,

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from Hajdzik

This topic should be called “how much money would you earn if you didn’t play TF2”.

Surprisingly accurate

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I got a mousepad once but not because I was so good at playing. And £ 100 (Thanks, you know who you are).

Back in the days, TF2 was part of ESL Major Series and ESL European National Encounter (I think?!) and there was also a big PC Gamer tournament with a prize pool of £ 10,000 or something like that. Also UKeSA (although I think that was nothing but a big scam?). Ask Arx, he should know something about that kind of stuff.

ondkaja

IKEA

I’ve earned €100 playing TF2 #professionalvideogamer

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »