Menty

myx
Nein

+1 can run DH full time on it

Kaneco

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

who needs mobility when you can hold an entire flank 1v3

i mean my point here is that this is pretty much the best soldier map in the whole game cause its the least luck/execution reliant and more about “i was told i stand here and to equip black box, now i am invincible”.

if thats not soldier friendly then honestly i dont know what is, just learn to contain your adhd and stand in one place, thats what i did and (almost) carried itsallgood to victory in last seasons semifinals.

just learn to deal with shit instead of complaining how ur usual style doesnt work, you usually end up becoming a better player that wayn

I dont get it why you’re trying to create an argument with me but I never even complained about the map or that my style didn’t work lol, I was just stating that it isn’t a soldier friendly map, and it isn’t, it trades spam for mobility, it’s better in some areas and worse in other areas for solly, at most you can call it a balanced soldier map, never a soldier friendly map.

I played steel 5 times in the past 2 weeks and 4/5 times I outdamaged the enemy solly and I didn’t need to use the “stand here with the blackbox” tactic, I actually got pretty good picks and streaks by getting behind and catching the whole combo/flank off guard.

You can still play it plenty different ways and adapt according to your team playstyle. Bottom line, it’s a fun map for me on all the classes I have played it on, and thats what matters.

Shit map

konr

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I dont get it why you’re trying to create an argument with me but I never even complained about the map or that my style didn’t work lol, I was just stating that it isn’t a soldier friendly map, and it isn’t, it trades spam for mobility, it’s better in some areas and worse in other areas for solly, at most you can call it a balanced soldier map, never a soldier friendly map.

I played steel 5 times in the past 2 weeks and 4/5 times I outdamaged the enemy solly and I didn’t need to use the “stand here with the blackbox” tactic, I actually got pretty good picks and streaks by getting behind and catching the whole combo/flank off guard.

You can still play it plenty different ways and adapt according to your team playstyle. Bottom line, it’s a fun map for me on all the classes I have played it on, and thats what matters.

The only reason you’d even need mobility is if you were in an open map to begin with, so that you could change where you were very quickly and escape when people came from multiple entrances. In this map it seems like you literally have zero reason what so ever to have to move as a soldier and you can just stay in one place for 99% of the map (with a blackbox even more so) and just be fine. Your argument that it’s not a good soldier map because it isn’t the greatest for being mobile is a silly one, because no map in the history of maps was ever called a good soldier map for having that. It was always called that because of very closed spaces that are easy to shoot floor get kill in.

phromelo

8-)

worst map

Popcorp

blah blah blah konr, blah blah…

Let a Soldier Main (2nd main) say what he thinks, you’re not Soldier main, so you don’t know better than Kaneco ffs…

Shit map for scout tho, B point is the only map where you can breathe

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from konr

Your argument that it’s not a good soldier map because it isn’t the greatest for being mobile is a silly one

what

Quoted from Popcorp

Let a Soldier Main (2nd main) say what he thinks, you’re not Soldier main, so you don’t know better than Kaneco ffs…

Every post I read from you is about konr. Are you obsessed or sth.?

Last edited by Solid,

konr

Quoted from Popcorp

Sorry have I not played this game for a long time? Am I not able to look at a map and make an opinion based on the layout of that map? My bad I forgot I had to tell everyone that I played a class before I commented on it.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

One of my favourite pubstomp maps because you can defend a corridor with a blackbox in perpetuity. Glad this strat translates to the big leagues.

konr

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

what

Soldiers jumping around can happen in literally every map and that is not what makes them strong. Of course it’s a good upside to a map in one sense, but bear in mind that if a soldier is jumping at a team because of it being open then the scouts have all the more opportunities to deny those soldiers. Of course in highlander that also means heavies etc have more opportunities to do the same so it makes even more sense to say that a true good soldier map would be one with closed corridors where a soldier can shoot the ground and escape easily if need be.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

It always has and always will, suck. fucking. DICKS.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Steel is the best HL map
Highlander needs more maps that break the norm as dramatically and efficiently as Steel does

Popcorp

Quoted from Solid

[…]
Every post I read from you is about konr. Are you obsessed or sth.?

Check my Forum history if you want to see how much am i “obsessed”

Why are we not discussing other maps, like koth_arctic, which is better than Viaduct imo

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »