Forum

What does everyone think about cp_steel

Created 12th March 2014 @ 20:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

konr

I’m curious about what people think about cp_steel, since it’s being played at the moment.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Genuinely think it’s the best highlander map. So many different ways to play it, and one of the few maps where the worse team in terms of DM can win. I remember back when we were still in UGC steel, we beat 2 div 1 teams in a cup, it was awesome.

Schweppes

Good TF2 maps are maps where the use of team play and strategy is possible while leaving room for individual skill and DM, it’s a balance between the two
Steel is only the first, only team play where dm doesn’t even matter. It just doesn’t fit in tf2

On top of that, it’s boring and cramped

konr

I think the entire reason that’s possible is because it’s so terribly designed for everything that isn’t a soldier. There are so many random ass corridors and shit that don’t add anything at all to the map except for a maze of places someone shooting the floor will probably kill you with no problems in. I personally hate it.

Schweppes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2e2v5POg9o

ondkaja

IKEA

amazingly fun map

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from konr

I think the entire reason that’s possible is because it’s so terribly designed for everything that isn’t a soldier. There are so many random ass corridors and shit that don’t add anything at all to the map except for a maze of places someone shooting the floor will probably kill you with no problems in. I personally hate it.

Do you also get lost and deeply upset in supermarkets?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Great map, rewards strategy and teamwork.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Hildreth

Great map, rewards strategy and teamwork.

Exactly.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

great map

konr

Quoted from Tomu

[…]

Do you also get lost and deeply upset in supermarkets?

I didn’t say I got lost in steel mate, just that it was needlessly maze-like and honestly seems to be the least fun for most people I’ve asked (before making this thread) out of any map.

Kaneco

Really great map, a lot of fun to play, rewards strategy and teamwork a lot but also allows for some really clutch plays if you know the map well and have decent gamesense.

I thought it was a great map as all the classes I tried it on so far (spy/pyro/demo/solly/heavy).

Quoted from konr

It’s actually not a soldier friendly map at all, I am playing this season as solly and we already pcwed like 5-6 times on steel and I lost count already to the times I hit my head on the last point and dropped to my death :D, not to talk about that only the fact that its really narrow it doesn’t let you make use of the solly mobility and one of its main skills which is jumping.

I still think it’s a fun map as solly because it allows you to get behind fairly easy and try a risky play. And you can dish out fairly good damage on it.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Kaneco

It’s actually not a soldier friendly map at all,

I still think it’s a fun map as solly because it allows you to get behind fairly easy and try a risky play. And you can dish out fairly good damage on it.

yeah uhh

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

yeah uhh

shut up nerd, you’re not even playing

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Schweppes

Steel, only team play where dm doesn’t even matter.

lmao.

Anyway, steel is a good map.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »