Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

#tf.wars?
#mpuktf2.pickup2?
#tf2.europe?

Last edited by Koeitje,

VinuJ

#tf.wars isnt that for people who already have a team of 6 and are waiting for another team of 6 to play against? Im looking for a kind of pickup. #tf.europe is not working and the#mpuktf2 one is not even letting me do anything :/

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Quoted from VinuJ

#tf.wars isnt that for people who already have a team of 6 and are waiting for another team of 6 to play against? Im looking for a kind of pickup. #tf.europe is not working and the#mpuktf2 one is not even letting me do anything :/

Europe and pickup2 are invite only channels. There used to be a #mpuktf2.pickup, but nobody played there so it died, hence the web pickups these days.

VinuJ

Quoted from Rake

[…]

Europe and pickup2 are invite only channels. There used to be a #mpuktf2.pickup, but nobody played there so it died, hence the web pickups these days.

Yeah I guess so…but when you find pickup full or get banned from it for a few days etc. IRC is always a really good alternative. Also wasnt here when this was created but hope it comes back: http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-25672/page-1/

Debaser

It was fine when F2 was running the Pickup Channel some years ago but now both tf2pickup and tf2lobby are unreliable unfortunately.

this is evil evil

Can’t believe that people still use IRC :P So old school. Even 10 years ago, it was old school. I wouldn’t really imagine quakenet being that active anymore, is it? Whenever you talk to the younger generation of gamers, a lot of them don’t even know what IRC is.

AnimaL

Its still as good as ever to find pcw’s…

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from this is evil evil

Can’t believe that people still use IRC :P So old school. Even 10 years ago, it was old school. I wouldn’t really imagine quakenet being that active anymore, is it? Whenever you talk to the younger generation of gamers, a lot of them don’t even know what IRC is.

Don’t fix what ain’t broke etc.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

Don’t fix what ain’t broke etc.

You should just shut up, fake russian

Spike Himself

TC

IRC isn’t used solely by gamers.

Also Quakenet is only one network (and they’re not even the biggest), there are many others. IRCnet, EFnet, Undernet, Rizon, to name a few. Not sure if all of those still exist but don’t see why they wouldn’t.

this is evil evil

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

IRC isn’t used solely by gamers.

Also Quakenet is only one network (and they’re not even the biggest), there are many others. IRCnet, EFnet, Undernet, Rizon, to name a few. Not sure if all of those still exist but don’t see why they wouldn’t.

EFNet should still exist in all its splendor. DCC bots all over the place, that releases TV-shows(and other stuff) a few hours after they have aired in their respective country. But I was referring more to Quakenet and gamers :)

Last edited by this is evil evil,

frixx

LG

Why would we want a new irc pickups when we have an internet one tf2pickup.net which has a faster system, launches game automatically, has report for sub system. I remember the old pickups on irc which were not bad but the registration and all that shit so you were actually able to play was just bad, slow and complicated. Excluding the invite only pickups, the irc pickups just don’t function anymore

Trath

What is the problem with IRC that you “can’t believe somebody still uses it”? (and your words are hinting towards it being “outdated”/old)

If younger people don’t know what IRC is, that isn’t a problem. Just like somebody who has never encountered Facebook isn’t a problem/”bad”.
mIRC and all the other clients make thing so simple, any new guy can get into it.
If 10 year old me could manage to play CS 1.6 pugs on IRC, anybody can do it.

Quoted from frixx

Why would we want a new irc pickups when we have an internet one tf2pickup.net which has a faster system, launches game automatically, has report for sub system. I remember the old pickups on irc which were not bad but the registration and all that shit so you were actually able to play was just bad, slow and complicated. Excluding the invite only pickups, the irc pickups just don’t function anymore

Nothing is “faster” about an internet pug system, its just more accessible. You can have subs in an IRC system as well.

“I remember the old pickups on irc which were not bad but the registration and all that shit so you were actually able to play was just bad, slow and complicated. ”

I think you are talking about the pug channel I tried to start.
Indeed, it focused too much on “fancy” features and the user experience was shit. (and the registration method/page was beyond shit :D).
But don’t take an example from that. Look at pixel pickup, where there was no registration and no Q auth, that pug channel was great, people just didn’t cherish what they had (an simple pug system).

IRC pugs can definitley function.

frixx

LG

Quoted from Trath

[…]

What is the problem with IRC that you “can’t believe somebody still uses it”? (and your words are hinting towards it being “outdated”/old)

If younger people don’t know what IRC is, that isn’t a problem. Just like somebody who has never encountered Facebook isn’t a problem/”bad”.
mIRC and all the other clients make thing so simple, any new guy can get into it.
If 10 year old me could manage to play CS 1.6 pugs on IRC, anybody can do it.

[…]

Nothing is “faster” about an internet pug system, its just more accessible. You can have subs in an IRC system as well.

“I remember the old pickups on irc which were not bad but the registration and all that shit so you were actually able to play was just bad, slow and complicated. ”

I think you are talking about the pug channel I tried to start.
Indeed, it focused too much on “fancy” features and the user experience was shit. (and the registration method/page was beyond shit :D).
But don’t take an example from that. Look at pixel pickup, where there was no registration and no Q auth, that pug channel was great, people just didn’t cherish what they had (an simple pug system).

IRC pugs can definitley function.

But its easier to use everything on the web, meaning playing pickups and finding enemies on #tf.wars with webchat.quakenet. You are not wrong tho

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2