Forum

EU IRC 6v6 D:

Created 3rd October 2013 @ 12:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

VinuJ

Guys, we really need an irc for 6v6 eu. I went on to the atf2l irc channel and its so populated why do we not have one like that for people who don’t always use tf2pickup and tf2lobby. 1. I hope tf2center or tf2mix comes out soon and 2. We need an irc for 6v6 EU TF2 it would be great I would make one if I knew how to but unfortunately I do not have the knowledge yet. Any comments on this would be great and I hope someone actually starts to think about this and make a new irc for tf2 eu pugs :)

Ryushi

oh wait pickup…
whats wrong with tf2pickup.net?

Last edited by Ryushi,

Spike Himself

TC

IRC is a protocol. “an irc for 6v6” does not mean anything

VinuJ

Sorry spike I meant a 6v6 eu irc channel

ducky

do you mean…

1.: an irc channel for searching 6v6 opponents? use #tf.wars
2.: an irc channel for 6v6 mixes? even without tf2lobby and tf2pickup there’s plenty doublemix groups for that tbh
3.: an irc channel for 6v6 discussion? isn’t the forum good enough for that?

Last edited by ducky,

VinuJ

Nothing much wrong with pickup its just that sometimes using an irc channel can be time-saving and its nice system. Brings back people who used to use it too

VinuJ

Ducky I meant number 2 its just that irc brings back people who used to play via irc channels and I dunno I just really like the system and don’t really see why just because of tf2pickup (lobby is down atm) suddenly there are literally no working mix channels on irc. I’ve seen some with loads of people on it but theres usually a bot broken or the plugin has been removed etc.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from VinuJ

Sorry spike I meant a 6v6 eu irc channel

#tf.wars

ducky

Quoted from VinuJ

Nothing much wrong with pickup its just that sometimes using an irc channel can be time-saving and its nice system. Brings back people who used to use it too

there can be quite some difficulty involved in trying to have people select classes and make (somewhat balanced) teams using just IRC

VinuJ

Isn’t tf.wars for people who have a team of 6 and are looking for another team of 6 to play? I guess I worded this forum wrong I kinda mean a pickup when you don’t have a team of 6 already. Yesterday, when I first tried irc and went on atf2 it was extremely easy just to type !add scout and get picked up quite soon and play a pug simple as that

Enef

fest
#wubafan

tf2pickup.net

Ryushi

yeah but its also much easier to click +scout on tf2pickup…
you dont even need to type.
you get the same information but its presented in a much easier way which if you are completly new and have never used irc is much easier to find.

AnimaL

Quoted from VinuJ

Ducky I meant number 2 its just that irc brings back people who used to play via irc channels

nobody in eu plays irc pugs which is why there isnt irc pickup

droso

o/

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]nobody in eu plays irc pugs which is why there isnt irc pickup

That’s not true.
Vinusan, get good then get invited to #mpuktf2.pickup2.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Jokor’s mixes happen most nights. If you turn up in mumble and say you’re new the rest is easy. Easier than irc.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »