Forum

Allow Market Gardener?

Created 9th August 2013 @ 20:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 19 Next »

Quoted from Freddy

[…]

like pre-nerf equalizer and current EP wasn’t/isn’t

No, the MG is a straight upgrade because it has 0 drawback in competitive where there’s no random crits while EP has the bullet vurnability and EP has no healing and minicrits while active. Are they better? Yes, probably, are they a straight upgrade? No.

Niicol

dc.
-ugo?-

pain train all the way

kalhó

MM
Nave

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

No, the MG is a straight upgrade because it has 0 drawback in competitive where there’s no random crits while EP has the bullet vurnability and EP has no healing and minicrits while active. Are they better? Yes, probably, are they a straight upgrade? No.

The EP isn’t a straight upgrade from the shovel? You serious?

Schweppes

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

you can’t be serious

frixx

LG

nah, I think allowing the MG gives roamer a whole new advantage. Just imagine all the easy picks a semi-good jumper can preform.

Also why do only prem players count when it comes to adding new weapons? In my opinion everyone should have a saying about adding a new weapon

anyways, don’t add MG

Last edited by frixx,

Freddy

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

Quoted from frixx

nah, I think allowing the MG gives roamer a whole new advantage. Just imagine all the easy picks a semi-good jumper can preform.

Also why do only prem players count when it comes to adding new weapons? In my opinion, the mass of this league (meaning below prem) should be the one giving a new weapon green light.

anyways, don’t add MG

I’m talking a straight upgrade in actual gameplay, not just a straight upgrade statwise.

EP: The minicrits don’t matter at all, as you use it during the rollouts and switch away from it again so the med can heal you. The minicrit status is long gone before you reach the actual midfight. And if youre using EP to run away from bad positions with, then you will have to be at so low health for it to be worth it that you would probably get picked off regardless of you taking minicrits or not. Besides that, all it requires for you to use EP is to be at low health and clicking a button.
And the med not being able to heal you while it’s out is hardly a downside, as you can just switch weapons lol.

MG: You can’t use it to reach hp kits faster like you can with EP, and it requires you to first of all be good at rocketjumping and airstrafing to use it, and it also requires your enemies to make the mistake of being bad at dodging so you can actually hit them.
Going in with MG is also highly risky, since you’re vulnerable as fuck until the game allows you to switch back to your primary. Let’s say you’re jumping towards a charged med – you can play it safe and force him, or you can whip out your MG and either get the kill or do nothing at all.

Using MG requires you to be “brave”, in a way – because if you don’t get that hit, you will have died for nothing. A weapon can easily have no downsides statwise, but still have downsides in actual gameplay. The downside here is that it’s not EP, and that you have to make yourself vulnerable and risk getting nothing done if you want to use it.

Seriously, dodging (or even denying him with hitscan) an MG soldier flying at you if you see him coming is so damn easy even if he’s a pro rocketjumper. If he has high speed, go forward and under him, since you can’t make sharp strafes without losing all your speed if you’re going that fast. If he has low speed? He’s a delicious target for airshots, and it’s easier to predict where he will land, so use that to your advantage. And if you didn’t see him coming, he could as well just have killed you with rockets instead. Should we ban Rocket Launcher then?
And if he DOES manage to predict in which way you will dodge and thus hit you anyway, then he damn well deserves that 195 damage for reading your movement like a boss.

Oh, and just imagine all the easy mid-air denying and dodging that semi-good players can perform. See, that goes both ways.

hawku

AYO

Quoted from frixx

Also why do only prem players count when it comes to adding new weapons? In my opinion everyone should have a saying about adding a new weapon

anyways, don’t add MG

“Just imagine all the easy picks a semi-good jumper can preform”

“Why do only prem players count”

easyGame

MG wouldn’t change anything. Useless unlock, doesn’t matter if allowed or not…

Some mixes will get trolled or ruined but thats it.

Give quickfix pls :>

Popcorp

Lets allow Half-Zatoichi then, i mean, come on, if you won’t get that 1 Kill with it, you’re useless and it’s a high risk ( disability to use other weps ) high reward ( fully restored health on kill ) weapon…COME ON!

Last edited by Popcorp,

Freddy

Quoted from Popcorp

Lets allow Half-Zatoichi then, i mean, come on, if you won’t get that 1 Kill with it, you’re useless and it’s a high risk ( disability to use other weps ) high reward ( fully restored health on kill ) weapon…COME ON!

Except that the downside on that weapon is so retarded that LITERALLY NOBODY would use it ever. Getting yourself restored to full health is also a situational upside because it’s usefulness depends on how much health you have, whereas MG’s upside is constant, because 195 damage is always a force to be reckoned with.

Quoted from easyGame

MG wouldn’t change anything. Useless unlock, doesn’t matter if allowed or not…

Some mixes will get trolled or ruined but thats it.

Give quickfix pls :>

You’re not supposed to run it full-time, and you’re not supposed to go for the MG hit at every rocketjump. You should only equip it if you know there’s a chance of you being in a position where you could do some work with it, and you should only pull it out if the reward of 195 instant damage can be higher than what you could do with rockets. For example, killing a charged med instead of forcing him. The weapon is situational, but not useless – you just have to know when to go for it, and ofc how to walljump and airstrafe.
That’s why I’m saying that most roamers would probably still run EP or PT most of the time, but I don’t see why you shouldnt have the opportunity if the weapon is balanced and doesn’t hurt gameplay.

Popcorp

You guys really want to allow Market gardener?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRBnr76ujR8
You sure 8)

( i dont mind )

frixx

LG

Quoted from hawku

[…]

“Just imagine all the easy picks a semi-good jumper can preform”

“Why do only prem players count”

so your logic is that only prem players can preform good jumps? gg hawku, gg

hawku

AYO

Quoted from frixx

[…]

so your logic is that only prem players can preform good jumps? gg hawku, gg

Oops, what I meant to get across that getting jumping melee kills are fucking impossible in prem unless you’re Lalli.

I find it hard enough to get rocket kills.

#high+Jokes

Last edited by hawku,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Freddy

195 damage…

…the weapon is balanced and doesn’t hurt gameplay.

Insta killing a medic is both unbalanced and game changing imho.

unu

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Insta killing a medic is both unbalanced and game changing imho.

ban sniper/spy then as well (though only sniper is unbalanced out of those two)

Last edited by unu,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 19 Next »