Forum

What would TF2 be like without reloading

Created 30th July 2013 @ 13:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

So lets say TF2 had quake style ammo management, no reloading. How would it effect the game? for the good or the bad?

discuss :)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I wouldn’t want to play scout. That’s all I know.

doks

flood the maps with ammo PAACKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Demoman.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Hmmm, machine gun needles from my crossbow across mid. I like this idea…oh wait.

WHAT RAKE SAID!

Setsul

With the same amount of ammo and ammopacks?

engi pistol

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Quoted from Setsul

With the same amount of ammo and ammopacks?

engi pistol

It would make pistols marginally better. Demoman as a class has the most issues with reloading everything, for every other class it would be a minor buff in comparison.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Rake

[…]

It would make pistols marginally better. Demoman as a class has the most issues with reloading everything, for every other class it would be a minor buff in comparison.

Don’t forget about Soldiers. Being able to double or triple rocketjump and still have 4 rockets to unload on the enemy medic is pretty OP.

Selek

Dr. med.

A change like this would make the Heavy sad.

Also, the sticky spam, oh dear…

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

say there was a slight nerf on the detonation time of stickies and mayeb the mount the demo could have out at once. It would force them to use their pipes more and just use the stickys for traps and jumps

Last edited by BoneS,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I think it would be better to have infinite ammo, but still have to reload. So your clip size is the same, but you don’t have to mess about with ammo packs.

Sash

PF

Quoted from BoneS

say there was a slight nerf on the detonation time of stickies and mayeb the mount the demo could have out at once. It would force them to use their pipes more and just use the stickys for traps and jumps

Still rollers everywhere.
A pipe-spamming demo should also be able to get almost everything out of the air. I remember playing on a pub where 3 demos in the enemy team where just spamming pipes and no one could get out more than a few meters from spawn.

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Rake

Demoman.

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]
Don’t forget about Soldiers. Being able to double or triple rocketjump and still have 4 rockets to unload on the enemy medic is pretty OP.

Spies, heavies, medics and snipers would cry.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Sideshow

I think it would be better to have infinite ammo, but still have to reload. So your clip size is the same, but you don’t have to mess about with ammo packs.

Valve actually reduced the total ammo amount of rockets, pipes and stickies about half a year after the game was released. Apparently they felt there was too much spam.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/February_28,_2008_Patch

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »