Forum

granary for metalworks

Created 13th June 2013 @ 23:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Godof

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Are you kidding, it was the best map in the map pool, super fun to both play and watch. The ones crying about it was people who can’t handle anything else but 5cp, but ETF2L shouldn’t reward unkeen people who don’t want to learn to play the map by removing it from the map pool.

First of all,I’ve never really played it, neither in pcws nor in officials, I just remember that’s what people were complaining about,and these were a part of their complains- that it’s not fun to play and boring to watch.
Secondly, Maps that should be played are dependant on the WHOLE community’s opinion,and not only on ones that are good at the game, which includes,for your words, “unkeen people”.
If you want GP back, just make a pool in the news section. I personally prefer not to because I remember what trouble it caused back in the time.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Godof

[…]Yes, team work>dmfestyolo, but it’s super boring to play and watch.

Quoted from Godof

[…]
First of all,I’ve never really played it, neither in pcws nor in officials.

Then how can you judge a map and its game pace if you’ve never really played it?

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

For those of you wondering about gravelpit pro: http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-24730/?recent=442676

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Godof

[…]
First of all,I’ve never really played it, neither in pcws nor in officials, I just remember that’s what people were complaining about,and these were a part of their complains- that it’s not fun to play and boring to watch.
Secondly, Maps that should be played are dependant on the WHOLE community’s opinion,and not only on ones that are good at the game, which includes,for your words, “unkeen people”.
If you want GP back, just make a pool in the news section. I personally prefer not to because I remember what trouble it caused back in the time.

Of course people who spend time playing the game, and are keen, should have more authority in discussions such as this, than people who are unkeen and don’t want to learn how to play a certain map. Didn’t even mention they have to be good to be able to have a well-informed opinion. You just need to play the game, and be keen. If you’re unkeen, you can’t have a well-informed opinion.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from BenBazinga

For those of you wondering about gravelpit pro: http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-24730/?recent=442676

we stopped working on it because the biggest problems were due to the gamemode
the issue most people had was that if you made a mistake on defence it was very punishing (some people may say thats a good thing but I dont think it is)

also since the defending team has nothing to gain (no ground to cover, no objective to complete) the game can feel stale

if there’s a great enough demand for it we could start working on it again (it was almost finished, just a few glitches with the spawn timings)

Last edited by Starkie,

Ace

If you’re familiar with a map, and you tend to do well it in your team – of course you’re going to like it. And obviously the other way around. I think one of the main reasons I love Gravel Pit, is due to (when I was in Elemental Violence) us being really good at it – and we also spent a lot of time going through the map and developing strategies. It’s different from other maps, and focuses on the one aspect that makes TF2 the superb game that we all love, TEAMWORK. Too bad not everyone feel that way about the map.
Some maps are just less interesting, too slow or have other issues, like being way too sniper-friendly – I don’t feel that any of the maps in the current map pool is any of the above, but I’d love to try granary_pro! And I’ll also love to see more and new maps in the map pool.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

From someone that’s played a lot of Gpit and has always had a lot of success with it, it really isn’t a good competitive map. It’s far too stale (think viaduct but with even more focus on medics and ubers) and too punishing for the defending team. For the game mode to work out, I think a great change to it would be for the attacking team to have to hold a point for a certain amount of time before it officially becomes theirs. This gives the defending team more room to fix any mistakes made and not be fucked straight away. The only problem I can see is that it could increase the length of games on this map. If the NA league/ruleset was used in place of our current, however, the length of the map wouldn’t be a problem with 1 map a week.

(Done by phone, sorry for errors/formatting)

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from numlocked

I think a great change to it would be for the attacking team to have to hold a point for a certain amount of time before it officially becomes theirs. This gives the defending team more room to fix any mistakes made and not be fucked straight away.

This seems like a great idea, make the cap times a little shorter and allow the defending team to retake the point in the minute after it’s been captured!

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from numlocked

-snip-I think a great change to it would be for the attacking team to have to hold a point for a certain amount of time before it officially becomes theirs. This gives the defending team more room to fix any mistakes made and not be fucked straight away. -snip-

I reckon that’s a really good idea.

Also, remove viaduct over granary. I don’t mind the concept of KOTH but I really don’t think viaduct is a good map at all, I’d rather be playing… I hate to say it, but koth badlands

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

juan

adios

Quoted from Godof

but it’s super boring to play and watch.

gpit is the best match to watch, you can really apreciate the tactics the teams put into their play and i prefer that from a 4k, that you will forget the next day.

vox

-9w-

No pls.
Granary is delicious.
Anyone who doesn’t like Granary play like pussy.

.muku

#T4F

dont remove granary!
REMOVE BADLANDS!

and put some old maps in it like yukon!

svins

alus
P.O.P

Swap viaduct with gpit! Granary is one of the finest maps.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

gravelpit should be in the map pool, or maybe gravelpit pro, didnt see it so cant rly say.
yukon was also a rly fun map to play imo and viaduct pro is pretty fun to play if ur not getting raped 3-0…

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

…I hate to say it, but koth badlands

Week 1: cp_badlands + koth_badlands
Week 2: pl_badlands + arena_badlands
Week 3: ctf_badlands + tr_badlandsspire
Week 4: cp_badlands……

Great idea numlocked, sounds cool.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »