Forum

FAQ: How to get ready for SteamPipe launch on 30th of April!

Created 18th April 2013 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 Next »

quintosh

wL.

why do they even release steampipe when there’s no sv_pure 2 yet? :(

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]No, prec seems to be actually broken and we will need to wait for update and for valve to sign it before we can use it again.

damn :C , well hopefully it gets signed quickly

cirlo

cirlo

thanks, but where are going to be saved the demos? still in tf/common/mystuff/ folder?

AnimaL

Quoted from quintosh

why do they even release steampipe when there’s no sv_pure 2 yet? :(

sv_pure 2 works fine on windows, but as server owner you will need to put it in server launch options.. I have no idea about linux, but listening to anakin it seems linux doesn’t even have VAC so no point worrying about sv_pure when you can use “other” methods.

Quoted from cirlo

thanks, but where are going to be saved the demos? still in tf/common/mystuff/ folder?

Demos will be saved same way they are now – in /tf/ dir

quintosh

wL.

is it my computer doing odd stuff or can i actually join “old” servers in steampipe mode

AnimaL

edit: Im terrible i know, ignore my previous dribble. What actually happened is that VALVE HAS UPDATED TF2 STEAMPIPE BETA and you can now join any non steampipe server.
Quoted from quintosh

is it my computer doing odd stuff or can i actually join “old” servers in steampipe mode

Steampipe beta wasnt compatible with non steampipe servers, but now it is.

Last edited by AnimaL,

quintosh

wL.

isn’t it supposed to load maps faster? because i hardly notice anything when i join an stv

cirno

Will it affect on ping?

AnimaL

Bump for interest: Beta client got updated, you can now play on ANY server. Info how to opt in is on first post.

Quoted from quintosh

isn’t it supposed to load maps faster? because i hardly notice anything when i join an stv

The most difference is when using fps config with low textures, the higher the ingame settings, the less noticable it will get.
Quoted from cirno

Will it affect on ping?

no

Last edited by AnimaL,

qarky

My hitsound is no longer working its installed in C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonTeam Fortress 2tfdownloadsoundui
but i still get the default tf2 “ding” hitsound.

AnimaL

needs to be in tf/custom/mystuff/sound/ui

updated main post to keep it clearer

Last edited by AnimaL,

LaMqTa

fenneks

Installed all in the /custom/mystuff/ folder and when i try to start it…its loading for 2-3 secs and its closing…any ideas?

edit:fixed it…

Last edited by LaMqTa,

sock

Quoted from AnimaL

needs to be in tf/custom/mystuff/sounds/ui

tried that and it never worked..

had it as hitsound saved in C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonTeam Fortress 2tfcustommystuffsoundsui

AnimaL

did you load it properly? remember your config also needs to be reinstalled…
so if ur /custom/mystuff/autoexec.cfg has

tf_dingaling_wav_override "/ui/ding.wav"

(change front slashes to back slashes) then the sound file goes in /custom/mystuff/sound/ui/ding.wav

Last edited by AnimaL,

sock

Quoted from AnimaL

did you load it properly? remember your config also needs to be reinstalled…
so if ur /custom/mystuff/autoexec.cfg has […] (change front slashes to back slashes) then the sound file goes in /custom/mystuff/sound/ui/ding.wav

that worked, thanks

also

Quoted from AnimaL

needs to be in tf/custom/mystuff/sounds/ui

should be mystuff/sound/ui/

Last edited by sock,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 Next »