Forum

TF.TV i49 Fundraiser

Created 18th March 2013 @ 08:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

accless

cp_

Am I the only one that likes the idea of getting these teams here regardless of anyone’s performance but because getting teams from different continents is an awesome thing because we got a place where our communities converge beyond the internet?

Skyride

DUCS

In terms of a straight cost/benefit, it’s not worth it. That’s the point of contention. However that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be awesome to fly over an NA team, and if people want to donate I don’t see why we shouldn’t facilitate it.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

It’s one of those things like putting men on the moon, you just have to do it.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from accless

Am I the only one that likes the idea of getting these teams here regardless of anyone’s performance but because getting teams from different continents is an awesome thing because we got a place where our communities converge beyond the internet?

Not at all. Some of us don’t see it as an investment and demand entertainment.

Kaneco

Quoted from fraac

It’s one of those things like putting men on the moon, you just have to do it.

fraac figured it out

/thread

Trell

|UKCS|

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

Not at all. Some of us don’t see it as an investment and demand entertainment.

I luff you.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

If you’d pay £5 to watch a weekend of amazing TF2 games, streams, interviews then pay your money just for that. That is the only thing you need to think about!

Trane

Quoted from Trell

[…]

What is your actual problem?

You don’t want to donate, fine, but don’t continue spreading your bs here, theres plenty of people that want to actually donate.

Last year had novelty value, and I donated healthily. Mostly down to the fact I felt Sal deserved it after fronting up a considerable amount of his hard earned $$.

I just don’t like the idea that of ‘Hey guys, it’s spring and you know what that means! summer i-series is just around the corner – give money to americans so they can have a holiday and play games!’.

Maybe I should have made that more explicit first time round, but as ipz said – not everyone has to think this is a great idea, it’s my opinion.

Black_Bob

[DA]

To me being shipped out to play a competitive game seems a bit of a shitty holiday, last time they flew out played then flew home that aint a holiday. It wasn’t all drinking and whoring they came out to play.

If they spent a week here before or after the event then I would be sceptical but they did not, the trip over was just purely for our entertainment and pretty much nothing else.

I am all up for sponsoring another trip over, if people do not see the same way as me, well they can just ignore it and not donate no skin off of anyone’s back!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5