Forum

Invisible players.

Created 27th February 2013 @ 21:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Hallow

P.O.P

Have it probably once a map, it’s annoying and can at times distract me a lot.

Rinta

Not sure which one you mean, I experienced 2 of them:

1. The one with completely invisible players — the issue has been there since forever, usually happens after you experience a lag — then some players on your or enemy team might become completely invisible. This one definitely gets fixed with recording & stopping a demo, also gets fixed by dying.

2. The one where you only see weapon and hat of a player, but the body is invisible — this one has been there for 2-3 months I think, and it only happens to your teammates.

So yeah… Would be cool if Valve fixed at least one of them.

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Le meme arrows

[…]Thanks to cosmetics you can see the invisible players. So they are actually useful.

Not really a plus. Considering they would be useless, if Valve hadn’t fucked up their own game.

Quoted from Rinta

Not sure which one you mean, I experienced 2 of them:

1. The one with completely invisible players — the issue has been there since forever, usually happens after you experience a lag — then some players on your or enemy team might become completely invisible. This one definitely gets fixed with recording & stopping a demo, also gets fixed by dying.

2. The one where you only see weapon and hat of a player, but the body is invisible — this one has been there for 2-3 months I think, and it only happens to your teammates.

So yeah… Would be cool if Valve fixed at least one of them.

Pretty sure we all mean the second one. The first one rarely happens anymore for me at least, but I see what You mean.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Kvux

Pretty sure we all mean the second one. The first one rarely happens anymore for me at least, but I see what You mean.

Think that one was fixed, I havent seen that happen in a long time (thank god).

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Pretty sure you can just start/stop a demo to fix this…works for me. But yea, as a medic it does annoy me whenever my demo disappears and is calling for help.

Sheepsi

SOAS

Quoted from Switch

Pretty sure you can just start/stop a demo to fix this…works for me. But yea, as a medic it does annoy me whenever my demo disappears and is calling for help.

yes thats preety much how you fix it..

toasty.

PHX

Did that recent patch fix this?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from toasty.

Did that recent patch fix this?

No.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Sheepsi

yes thats preety much how you fix it..

Make a bind for starting a demo, then it’s just a one button fix.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I’ve never had it affect a game tbh, it’s only teammates, as long as you have good comms (and hats) you never lose track of them.

toasty.

PHX

Valve must know about it though.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I met my first invisible opponent yesterday. Before that, I only had invisible team mates. Or I did not know my opponents were invisible because I could not see them. Who knows…

taro

Ok it is fixed! I know some people were saying they were still seeing invisible players after the update had been rolled out, but my suspicion is that it was because they had not updated / were playing on non updated servers.

I have yet to see an invisible player so I think it is now patched.

Thank you everyone for your comments and to those who submitted their own support tickets as well.

And thanks to Valve for listening and getting this bugged fixed, even if you did break the game in the first place you managed to redeem yourselves. Now a fix for bad fps would be nice ;D

Last edited by taro,

floube

Well, just played ultiduo with some friends.

Invisible Medic… is there any hope…

Serotone

#FreePat

Aww I loved this bug. It meant you could get away with dropping your players.

“Oh, sorry, you were invisible.” etc.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »