Quoted from rytis

[…]
but it hasnt been moved yet
:/

smizzy’d

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from private_meta

What I’m interested and what isn’t mentioned there is: If all is in the common folder, will all users using this installation use the same config and hud? if not, where can we place those, that’d be nice to know.

install tf2beta and find out :)

Ordinator

tuhi

so, will it be possible to move tf2 to my ssd or not?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Ordinator

Should be far easier than it is now (I couldn’t find a way to move games between libraries myself, so if anyone knows it, give us a shout).
Personally, I’m far more interested in whether or not they will port GoldSrc fixes they’ve been working on for the last couple of weeks to Source. Like, for example, setting the fps cap to fps_max instead of fps_max – 0.1.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Ordinator

tuhi

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
Should be far easier than it is now (I couldn’t find a way to move games between libraries myself, so if anyone knows it, give us a shout).

Well atm cuz of gcf’s you need to install steam on ssd and move all other games to another folder, i hope it will be possible to just move tf2 folder on ssd.

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Ordinator

[…]
Well atm cuz of gcf’s you need to install steam on ssd and move all other games to another folder, i hope it will be possible to just move tf2 folder on ssd.

Not sure if that is what you are after but I created a symlink to the steamapps folder and moved it to a different drive (steam on ssd – I am using a laptop with a single 120GB SSD – with symlink called steamapps pointing to external USB3 drive which holds actual data). If you don’t know how to do it, just read this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753194

Ofc this can apply to other dirs, files etc… so you can just move the tf2 and leave other games in steam dir.

Last edited by Biohazard,

Tuto

8-)

Nice, no more annoying steam validating files

inco

KiH
KiH

If this is due to steampipe, atleast I’ll be happy with the smoother download part.
http://i.imgur.com/LQKkB5U.png

AnimaL

does this mean multiple users on same pc will have to have same configs?
Quoted from Ordinator

you already can choose which drive u install each steam game… its been out for like month now

Last edited by AnimaL,

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from private_meta

What I’m interested and what isn’t mentioned there is: If all is in the common folder, will all users using this installation use the same config and hud? if not, where can we place those, that’d be nice to know.

Quoted from AnimaL

does this mean multiple users on same pc will have to have same configs

“When the game is converted to SteamPipe, the installation directory is shared between users.”

Seems like it.

broesel

LAME

Did Valve mention an ETA for the Steampipe conversion?

AnAkkk

Quoted from broesel

Did Valve mention an ETA for the Steampipe conversion?

2-4 weeks (Valve time).

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

sv_pure removal is good finally change soundfiles of the original^^

You mean:

– Removing ambient sounds
– Increasing footstep volume
– Changing the faint spy decloak “woosh” sound to “SPY DECLOAKING!!!”
– Increasing uber fizzle sound volume

Etc :/

I’m really worried about these sv_pure issues. If simple texture changing in CS:GO is still unfixed, then why would we expect Valve to fix it for TF2? Not to mention that in TF2 your exploits can be way more subtle (overheal crosses, stickies with big surrounding particles, etc) which will be extremely hard to rule out in an AC demo review.

AnimaL

good guy valve releasing betas so ppl can get head start to fix their hax when it goes live

almightybob

.ps

Forgive my ignorance, but will they really let this through without a working sv_pure? It says right there in the linked article:

We will make sure sv_pure is fully functional before converting any release game.

Surely Valve will realise the implications of not having sv_pure working properly? Or is the problem that this new system will make it much harder to differentiate between legitimate customisations and subtle cheating?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »