Forum

TF2 finally moving to SteamPipe

Created 20th February 2013 @ 12:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

More streamlining, faster loading times, no unnecessary file validation shenanigans anymore… What’s not to like? :)

Last edited by Selek,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

dont get hyped to much i just had to validate steam files

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from smziii

dont get hyped to much i just had to validate steam files

but it hasnt been moved yet
:/

AnimaL

Quoted from Kvux

So this pretty much improves everything with no loss?
Sounds too good to be true, this is Valve we’re dealing with but perhaps I missed a few things

the game probably won’t even start for first two days..

AnAkkk

Quoted from Kvux

So this pretty much improves everything with no loss?
Sounds too good to be true, this is Valve we’re dealing with but perhaps I missed a few things

No as it’s most likely going to break sv_pure.

private_meta

STDs

What I’m interested and what isn’t mentioned there is: If all is in the common folder, will all users using this installation use the same config and hud? if not, where can we place those, that’d be nice to know.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Is this going to break scripts and the openplugin?

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
Aha, no excuses for late games any more

fuck you

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

sv_pure removal is good finally change soundfiles of the original^^
and finally not this validating steam files after every update until I reinstall TF2

Biohazard

IDK

It means a little work for all server admins by the look of it. Still it’s for the better. I imagine autoupdate on server is no longer an issue

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

No as it’s most likely going to break sv_pure.

That being the only downside? And how do we make sure people don’t use different textures then?(i.e wallhack)

3. Pure servers might kick players running with custom client-side content. We will make sure sv_pure is fully functional before converting any release game.

Last edited by Kvux,

AnAkkk

Quoted from Kvux

[…]

That being the only downside? And how do we make sure people don’t use different textures then?(i.e wallhack)
[…]

You hope that Valve will fix it correctly, but I heard that even in CSGO you can still wallhack on sv_pure servers, so I wouldn’t be so sure that all exploits are fixed in time.

Skyride

DUCS

I know it’ll never happen, but I think it’d be fucking awesome if we had the mod browser thing that Garrys Mod has.

If you’ve not played Gmod at any point in the last 18 months, they bassically have a really nice, easy to use mod browser built right into the game. You just click “install” and it automatically downloads and it and installs. There’s then a nice little browser for enabling/disabling them, it also has a built in auto-updater.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I’m guessing eventually they’ll include the steam workshop stuff in TF2 just like L4D2, eventually.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Sideshow

Is this going to break scripts and the openplugin?

Which will be fixed rather fast.

As someone said earlier, while this sounds amazing it is most likely ‘too good to be true’ and will have tons of bugs and problems.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »