Forum

Multiplay servers?

Created 18th January 2013 @ 09:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Tuto

8-)

Hey, thinking about starting a 6s team, so I decided to look for some cheap but good 12 slot servers. A little later I found Multiplay, and I did setup the features for the 12 slot server I wanted, and the monthly cost was: £4.80.

Pretty cheap in my opinion, but my question to you: what do you think about Multiplay servers? Any experience with them? Recommended or not?

I have played on a few, but don’t really know anything about servers, and the quality. So help is appreciated, thanks :)

Last edited by Tuto,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

They’re not great.

Trane

INX are a little more expensive but were far superior in my experience. It’s also worth considering a 14 slot so you can have a spectator/source TV.

http://www.inx-gaming.com/

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

Quoted from Enef

They’re not great.

taro

Read title, first thought: NO

edit: check this: http://server.fakkelbrigade.eu/

Awesome if you only need to use a server a few times a week. Easy to use reservation system, good quality servers and you can download the STVs and logs at the end of your reservation.

Only problem: there isn’t always a server available when you want. But apart from that I highly recommend it.

Last edited by taro,

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Cheap servers that are really good for people who aren’t swimming in cash money g’s, or just need a quick server for something not important(or just don’t care).
But the real catch is that they’re cheap for a reason, you get what you pay for(in this case).

AnimaL

The main issues with multiplay servers are:
1. No ftp
2. Random crashes cuz servers are on windows and also they have this memory allocation system which will shut down server if it exceeds certain amount of memory (which i found happens when you have many plugins + stv on and stuff like that)
3. Uploading new/custom maps or plugins that are not in their pretty big system will take 1-2 days while they go through approval.

Multiplay was good when they offered 50% off with multiplay code, then they were 2-3 quid and that was a good price for what you were getting. Now since they are pretty much 5 quid for 13 slots, you can find MANY other hosts that have full set of features for just over 5 quid.

Last edited by AnimaL,

achy

At one time Multiplay were the best around…. a very long time ago. Ive had 3 servers from them in the past and had countless amount of problems. Very slow admins, when i say that i mean that they take 1or2 days to reply. there is no ftp. server spends most of its time down. the program they use to manage the server “clanforge” seems like it was made by a 5 year old girl. need i say more? I would recommend hyperz. the simple fact is you get what you pay for.

Serotone

#FreePat

Really, don’t go with Multiplay. If you shop around you can find an actually reliable service for maybe a couple of quid extra. If you can afford to pay £4.80 a month you can afford to pay £6.

Tuto

8-)

Hyperz is like 10 euro for a 12 slot server without stv.

And why is FTP important?

But incase you’re not looking to setup alot of plugins on the server, or many custom maps. If you just want something very simple, not laggy, and easy to setup. And just used for 6v6 matches maybe 2-3 times a week.

I mean I don’t demand so much. Just something working properly and easy.

Last edited by Tuto,

Trane

For uploading maps, primarily.

Tuto

8-)

I still haven’t heard so much about the positives with Multiplay, you guys make it sound like it sucks alot :0 but I don’t know. Even though I still see so many people using Multiplay servers, hmm.

Trane

It sucks, I haven’t seen any teams higher up the divisions that use them.

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

as soon as I see that my opponent is using multiplay I demand that we play on another server, they are absolute dogshit

Panromir

|LZ|

Never understood why people hate Mplay that much.

Clanforge is annoying to use at times but other than that the servers are very solid for their price.
Hiperz on the other hand is ridiculously overpriced.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »