Forum

Multiplay servers?

Created 18th January 2013 @ 09:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

They’re value for money and have a worse rep than they deserve, but also come with some problems such as SOAP and MGE not working, and they effectively have no customer support.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Panromir

Never understood why people hate Mplay that much.

Clanforge is annoying to use at times but other than that the servers are very solid for their price.
Hiperz on the other hand is ridiculously overpriced.

is LZ community using multiplay servers?

alba

duplo

multiplay > hiperz

atleast from what i’ve experienced. Never been on a bad multiplay but i’ve been to plenty bad hiperz

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from smziii

[…]

is LZ community using multiplay servers?

Nope we have dedis.

Hence why they’re not nearly as stable :D

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

ronny’s nice-servers were the best!

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Panromir

[…]

Nope we have dedis.

why dont u use multiplay if they are so good and cheap?

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from smziii

[…]

why dont u use multiplay if they are so good and cheap?

For the amount of servers we have it wouldnt be that cheap anymore. Around 70 I believe.

Also, Clanforge, which is, as I mentioned, a downside of Mplay servers.

AnimaL

I would go for gameservers.com atm if i would need a cheap server… And it costs like 5.80quid/month for 12 slots

Limp.

EPA

Never had any real issues on multiplay server performnces that reboot wouldn’t fix. Just french and some russians can’t play on them becouse shit routting in their country but not sure if that is actualy bad thing.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Panromir

[…]

Nope we have dedis.

Why would that make them unstable?

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from Arie

[…]

Why would that make them unstable?

Been facing some problems that I have no idea how to solve.

I know that other people can get their servers running perfectly stable on dedis but we ran into a few problems.

One of which being the CPU being rather bored while the servers lose frames now and then. Couldnt find a solution for that.

vani

Bully

Renting a Minecraft server from MP, no issues with it. We used to have our tf2 gameserver hosted by MP, but inx and hiperz are better, but more expensive.

Depends on how much dosh youre ready to pay m8. Having a FPT for uploading custom files such as sourcemod/maps/etc is a plus de grande. Mutliplay doesnt have that.

ondkaja

IKEA

Hiperz is shit nowadays, I have no clue how people can recommend them. Either they haven’t played on them in ages or they have it imprinted that hiperz is good. Don’t be surprised if your overpriced hiperz server lags so much it is unplayable, it is the hiperz standard nowadays. Even multiplay is better.

Quoted from AnimaL

I would go for gameservers.com atm if i would need a cheap server… And it costs like 5.80quid/month for 12 slots

When I rented a server from them a year ago it had a downtime of ~30%, and the support completely ignored me (despite the fact that I paid 15€/mo for their 18 slot servers). I don’t know if they have become better since then, but that is my experience.

Aenhost http://www.aenhost.com have relatively good serves that are cheap. The downside is that they are located in France and thus might not have the best routing, and that it has minor lags every now and then (some choke and loss). They are better than Multiplay and I also believe that they are cheaper? And they have fast support which is an upside as well. (Yes, my team is sponsored by Aenhost but that doesn’t mean this post isn’t genuine; I rented a server from them some months ago and I’m speaking from the experience I had from them then.)

Last edited by ondkaja,

frixx

LG

Quoted from ondkaja

Hiperz is shit nowadays, I have no clue how people can recommend them. Either they haven’t played on them in ages or they have it imprinted that hiperz is good. Don’t be surprised if your overpriced hiperz server lags so much it is unplayable, it is the hiperz standard nowadays. Even multiplay is better.

this tbh. I would recommend Doctrinal.co.uk when it gets back online

Sebb

IsF

Routing to British servers is terrible, it feels like you go through all the colonies first before you actually get to the island.

German servers seem to be the most popular one maybe try them out.

Quoted from smziii

ronny’s nice-servers were the best!

True that. I do not know if you still can get one but: if you can get one, get one!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »