Forum

What happened to tf2lobby?

Created 15th November 2012 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Kynis

HHH

Quoted from Trath

All in all its enjoyable if your in the mood for TF2. Else, play some LoL (fuck dota)

fuck LoL

Last edited by Kynis,

Quoted from Trath

I just played 2 lobbies to see what you are talking about – and I honestly have no idea.
Out of 12 people in a lobby:
1 guy is gonna be mad
1 guy is gonna troll
1 guy is gonna be like “oh shit son im so good” even though hes shit
1 guy is gonna spam mic
1 guy is gonna be so nice you’d kill a bunny for him

All in all its enjoyable if your in the mood for TF2. Else, play some LoL (fuck dota)

Pretty much

Quoted from Kynis

[…]
fuck LoL

No, fuck you.

Pennyfarming

This is what hapened to it

*Whips out dick*

Oxy

TC.Express

Highlander lobbies are “ok” now.
6v6 lobbies are fucking awful.
Simple.

Pennyfarming

Quoted from Oxy

Highlander lobbies are “ok” now.
6v6 lobbies are fucking awful.
Simple.

LOL

Its not really that simple who do you think you are :>

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from wrock

[…]

yeah….:(
Is someone selling some gamesense and skill? buying it for 3 unusuals!!!!!!!

Oh? I can… accommodate you. :) (<- safety smile)

Last edited by Casual,

Selek

Dr. med.

In Highlander lobbies, there seems to be a dichotomy between players who generally know what they have to do as their class and e.g. 0-10 lobby players who insist to play Medic and then proceed to use the Quickfix (and die oh so very often). I can understand the latter tend to get kicked quite often.

That said, I often found people feeling entitled to kick and/or insult anyone who is inexperienced. In my experience, asking newbies to switch to another class to not let the team fail miserably or asking anyone if they would switch classes/teams will often be successful. Be nice and others will be nice to you :)

But ah well, this is the internet, people will assume the role of a spoiled brat for whatever reason (or none at all). I guess I am, and have to be, a bit idealistic after all.

Trath

The real question is: why are there so many highlander lobbies suddenly? like wtf there are 10 highlander lobbies with 16 people in then and 1 lobby for 6vs6 with 7 people in it.

Highlander is destroying 6vs6 and should not be endorsed by a 6vs6 league such as etf2l.

Katerfas

FSVL

Quoted from Trath

The real question is: why are there so many highlander lobbies suddenly? like wtf there are 10 highlander lobbies with 16 people in then and 1 lobby for 6vs6 with 7 people in it.

Highlander is destroying 6vs6 and should not be endorsed by a 6vs6 league such as etf2l.

I can’t see a reason, why 6v6 should be > hl, although I prefer 6s.

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Lobbies were always dodgy, and to reduce this people
started making those ‘crazy’ demands like 100+ 95%+.

It does help a bit in terms of your game’s quality, but in the end there’s always
a russian who lags like hell and plays scout/sniper full game, doesn’t miss shots
and apparently never played in rtf2l/etf2l.

SUSPICIOUS

Black_Bob

[DA]

Quoted from Trath

If you start playing a lot of lobbies you will notice a lot of the current brand new recruitment thread people looking for low div 6 vs 6 teams have actually been playing highlander lobbies, the people who really enjoy the competitive part then start to try 6 vs 6 and ive sent plenty of people to etf2l.org recruitment section.

Moral of the story don’t see highlander as a threat it’s the stepping stone that’s been needed for a long time to get people from public to even try 6 vs 6.

wrock

vier

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Oh? I can… accommodate you. :) (<- safety smile)

:D

Quoted from Black_Bob

[…]

If you start playing a lot of lobbies you will notice a lot of the current brand new recruitment thread people looking for low div 6 vs 6 teams have actually been playing highlander lobbies, the people who really enjoy the competitive part then start to try 6 vs 6 and ive sent plenty of people to etf2l.org recruitment section.

Moral of the story don’t see highlander as a threat it’s the stepping stone that’s been needed for a long time to get people from public to even try 6 vs 6.

good point

It would be nice if there is a link in general to the recruitment section…Something like” You want to play in a Team? Click here!!!!!”

we might get additional players because of that

Last edited by wrock,

Chicken George

Quoted from Monkeh

ha ha skyride…I get that with my 6v6 team, nvm lobbies.

But yeah, medic’s always get treated badly in lobbies..it’s the way of the world.

No. Just pick the right lobbies.

When making a new lobby, be selective about who you allow to play – it’s not about their lobby count, it’s about paying some time to check their stats or steamprofiles.
This will give you a pretty high probability of kicking those who won’t fit.
I’ve seen some lobbies with better teamplay than mixes/pcws, and that’s without ingame comms, lol.
But the majority of lobbies are horrible.

trams

-><-

Quoted from Trath

I cant read anywhere on the site that ETF2L is a 6vs6 league? O.o

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »