TSGHUH

Quoted from Spike Himself

still waiting for the .rpm :(

http://spot.fedorapeople.org/steam/

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from dave

[…] http://spot.fedorapeople.org/steam/

I think I tried that and couldn’t get it to work. Not entirely sure if it was that one or not now..
I’ll try again when I get home, thanks :D

Last edited by Spike Himself,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

FYI: It’s sufficient to install Linux in a virtual maschine. Install Steam, download TF2, start the game.

It will crash because of your (virtualized) GPU sucking too much, but you’ll still get the item.

CanFo ® certified.

Last edited by nTraum,

ACORE

prly
[hePPa]

Quoted from nTraum

FYI: It’s sufficient to install Linux in a virtual maschine. Install Steam, download TF2, start the game.

It will crash because of your (virtualized) GPU sucking too much, but you’ll still get the item.

CanFo ® certified.

For me virtualbox/vmware player virtualization didn’t work. I installed 12.10 64-bit ubuntu and steam on it and tried to start tf and it said that I missed OpenGL driver. I tried few tricks but it complained about it all the time.

I’m now installing ubuntu via wubi and try it again, I’ve installed Nvidia drivers etc so it should work.

Last edited by ACORE,

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

vmware player with ubuntu 12.10 didn’t let me start the game because an opengl extension was missing. starting with opengl in software mode gets you far enough to receive the item, even though it crashed right afterwards.
afaik this is not an issue if you’re using virtual box.

tl;dr;
if you get some gl_extension error do this from a terminal:
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 steam –applaunch 440 -novid -nosound -textmode

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from ACORE

[…]

For me virtualbox/vmware player virtualization didn’t work. I installed 12.10 64-bit ubuntu and steam on it and tried to start tf and it said that I missed OpenGL driver. I tried few tricks but it complained about it all the time.

I’m now installing ubuntu via wubi and try it again, I’ve installed Nvidia drivers etc so it should work.

Yes, that’s what I was talking about. Crashing with this error message was close enough for me to get the tux. :)

ACORE

prly
[hePPa]

Quoted from nTraum

[…]

Yes, that’s what I was talking about. Crashing with this error message was close enough for me to get the tux. :)

Oh man, all the trouble and there it is in my backpack. Never thought that it would be enough to get it. Thanks tho! Got to check out how TF2 works on ubuntu with my own computer, never had any sort of Linux-OS on my computer before.

Last edited by ACORE,

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

I have Ubuntu 12.10 on my laptop, never been able to play TF2 on it, it always launches and then disappears. Apparently that was enough to get the Tux item though xD

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Can someone teach me the easiest way to get this item? I’m really bad at stuff like this but the penguin is so cute :(

AnAkkk

Shame on all of you that are not installing Linux and just want to get an item.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Depends Anakin, Does Linux see any significant performance boosts to TF2? I don’t mind using whatever OS really and I don’t really care for cosmetics.. but looking at all your tests; either windows 7 turns out to be better or the same FPS wise.

EDIT: Lets also not forget that the linux version will probably be suffering from more bugs.

Last edited by TurboTabs,

raiku

STR

I want the little cute penguin :’)

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from TurboTabs

EDIT: Lets also not forget that the linux version will probably be suffering from more bugs.

I doubt you’d notice the difference.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »