Forum

ducktap jumping

Created 31st October 2012 @ 13:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

wasn’t expecting people thinking this was inappropriate to post here. It’s nothing that expensive gaming keyboards couldn’t accomplish (makros)

Apologies for that. Took the link down now.

Just wanted to share my “I wonder if that can be done”

Last edited by slate,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Nice! I get so spazzy when I try to do it manually. No wait command in TF2? No problem bro, ahk takes care of it :D

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I will try it.. but what is c-tapping? I couldn’t understand it from what was written in the thread. Flick jump or what?

Josh

ez
LEGO

It’s just a different method to the ordinary jump crouch method, but ctap gives a more distance and height.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yNsi5PBRU

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

why would this be allowed if it lets people do something they can’t do manually?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I think thats why nTraum posted it. It looks like a very.. evolved script.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

but it still lets people do something they wouldn’t be able to do without it.. isn’t that a little like a russian walking script (I forget the actual term for it) in CS 1.6?

Last edited by numlocked,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Using an ahk script like this is definitely dodgy and in some greyish area, but the fact is that you can’t control if people use it or not. The game registers input just like one would ctap manually, and even by looking at a pov demo you’re not gonna judge if it’s a manual jump or ahk jump.

For or against, hard to ban it anyhow…

edit: Also, why would a normal rj script be fine, and a ctap script wouldnt? Just because valve banned the wait command? The principle behind these scripts is the same, emulate something you can do manually if you practice, but are too lazy to actually practice)))

Last edited by skeej,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

nah its cool, lets make some ratehaxxx

AnimaL

admins posting hacks/exploits in their own forum

best fucking league

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

The reason why this crosses a line for me, is that you need a third party program to run this script.. It’s not all tf2 anymore.

MEGAMIDDIE

people have been using macros since for-fucking-ever, why is it suddenly an issue now?

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Andee

The reason why this crosses a line for me, is that you need a third party program to run this script.. It’s not all tf2 anymore.

If someone managed to do this with a plugin, would you still think it was shady? I mean, it’s in tf2 then.

Setsul

Quoted from numlocked

why would this be allowed if it lets people do something they can’t do manually?

You can do it manually, most people just don´t want to put time in watching tutorials (Josh posted one) and practicing these jumps.
It´s like normal rocketjumping with one more button to press, it “just” requires more coordination and better timing.
The real difference between a “normal” rj and a ctap is that if you messed up the timing by like 0.1 seconds you don´t get a non-optimal rj, instead you´re still on the ground but with ~80 HP less than before and that´s why almost no one dares to do it in a match manually.

TL;DR
People are too lazy to practice jumps, so they use scripts.

Koala

Quoted from AnimaL

admins posting hacks/exploits in their own forum

best fucking league

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »