Forum

ducktap jumping

Created 31st October 2012 @ 13:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

hmm didnt really expect this, It was more of a “Hey I wonder if I can do this with AHK” after reading the thread on teamfortress.tv

Because despite trying to learn it manually I was just unable to perform the actions because of the way i have my binds set up.

to clarify, the script sucks, I wouldn’t recommend using it in any serious setting as it can fail quite a lot and I am sure someone really mastering it, would adjust timings and what not to make the jump perfect.

and afterall imho it’s really not all that useful.

froxer

GPR

Just use a bind…

atmo

ducktapping is banned in etf2l btw

Setsul

Quoted from atmo

Did an admin tell you that or am i just unable to find that rule?

Coco

[d¿s]

Quoted from atmo

i call bullshit

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
Did an admin tell you that or am i just unable to find that rule?

Half the rules never get written down anyway.

Coco

[d¿s]

ctap jumping has been in the game since the beginning, how would etf2l ban this anyway, it’s like telling demomen that they aren’t allowed to use 2 stickies while jumping… i agree that it’s pretty useless to use a script for it, as it isn’t even that hard to master it if you give it some practice, but banning it is just stupid as it’s part of the game.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from atmo

you mean the spam crouch while airborne. That was fixed by Valve when they added a cvar that limits the the times you can crouch while airborne.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
If someone managed to do this with a plugin, would you still think it was shady? I mean, it’s in tf2 then.

Can’t say Stark, since most plugins get killed by Valve. But the way I understand it, c-tapping is part of the game and perfectly doable ingame. I am not against using it. But it just feels wrong to be running a 3rd party tool to help movement in TF2. I guess there is nothing ETF2L can do about it anyways. It’s not that much of an impact and we don’t have an AC client to restrict use of the Auto-key program.

Last edited by Andee,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

It’s funny how people have less objections to loading a third party dll into TF2 to circumvent cheat flagged cvar’s, than to use a makro tool (which a lot of keyboards/mice could do as well) which clicks 3 buttons for you when you click one.

Obviously the correct way to go about this, would have been compiling a new TF2 Client Plugin that circumenvents the -insecure check and reenabled the wait command, so you could do it with TF2 scripting. (You could probably still do it, without wait, if you’re creative enough)

anyways, you would be a lot better off learning to do it manually, as makros don’t have room for any variation and apperently, as reported, the thing doesn’t work properly anyways.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

ban all the plugins too

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from skeej

ban all the plugins too

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Ah yes, good ol’ blame the tool, not the actual reason why this is possible (and get Valve to fix that instead, IF it should be fixed at all…).

Last edited by Casual,

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from slate

[…]

you mean the spam crouch while airborne. That was fixed by Valve when they added a cvar that limits the the times you can crouch while airborne.

No, he doesn’t. He means tapping crouch as your rocket jump to get additional velocity, which is not removed.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

No, he doesn’t. He means tapping crouch as your rocket jump to get additional velocity, which is not removed.

mmkay, didnt think anyone considers ctap jumping a bug/exploit, guess i was wrong.

anyways, I’ve never managed to get it to work properly (never max distance and really unreliable), but i did manage maximum height jumps after just a few minutes of trying it manually, for me binding mouse2 to jump really helped a lot.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2