Forum

Why aren't you streaming?

Created 17th October 2012 @ 19:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Should be getting 60mbits glassfiber soon ish, might give this a go for shits and giggles. Mainly for giggles. They say I’m good at giggles.

KFC

(\")>

Don’t worry guys, setting up OBS right now <3

h1

:3
BM

my streams up pretty much every day.

Skyride

DUCS

http://skyride.org/2012/10/how-to-stream-tf2-part-1/

Going to do some proper writing on this. There’s plenty of guides out there already if you just want to stream and don’t really give a fuck about your quality or FPS or whatever, but I’m going to write these more as a reference rather than a tutorial.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

A mixture of:

“Bad internet”.
“Not good enough PC to play anywhere near acceptable level”.
“Can’t be bothered to learn how”.

I think this covers it for most people but there is also this other factor of people not watching streams.

I notice a few people like Crouton + War seem to stream very often and if their viewer numbers go above 5 it breaks records. So I don’t know whether or not they’re just not interesting enough or don’t interact with the audience or people don’t want to watch anyone other than top Premiership players like Kaidus or Byte. Seems like a waste of time for anyone Division 6-1 to stream though.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Low upstream (~0.9 MB/S) and 2 FPS when playing + streaming with my wooden laptop.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Hildreth

A mixture of:

“Bad internet”.

I think this covers it for most people but there is also this other factor of people not watching streams.

I notice a few people like Crouton + War seem to stream very often and if their viewer numbers go above 5 it breaks records. So I don’t know whether or not they’re just not interesting enough or don’t interact with the audience or people don’t want to watch anyone other than top Premiership players like Kaidus or Byte. Seems like a waste of time for anyone Division 6-1 to stream though.

Crouton’s stream has me and Klar going WUBWUBWUB and singing Teknopatia, that might scare people away :D.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Skyride

It does not matter how fast your computer is, it doesn’t matter which software you use, it doesn’t matter which settings you use. Short of buying a 2nd computer and a capture card there will be a real impact on your game’s performance.

Forgive me for having no idea what I’m talking about but why exactly do you stutter when the game says you have 240fps?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
Forgive me for having no idea what I’m talking about but why exactly do you stutter when the game says you have 240fps?

So hl2.exe is processing physics, rendering a frame, and then putting it in a place in your system memory 240 times per second. It is then the job of windows to grab the the most recent frame from that place in memory either 60 or 120 times per second. The way that OBS and XSplit work interrupts that windows process of grabbing the frame. Dxtory works in a way that it doesn’t cause problems.

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Hildreth

Seems like a waste of time for anyone Division 6-1 to stream though.

I’m doing it for the lols really. That, and the Romanian community likes to watch the stream and “learn”.

By learn I mean spam me with pointless messages so they can chat via my in-game overlay.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

If you can figure out a way to either stream with a 1mbit upload, or how to use my phones internet for streaming, its not doable. Ps tviq, i had like 264 fps when I used to stream a year ago. Microstutter and no people watching made me stop streaming.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Hildreth

A mixture of:

“Bad internet”.

I answer like every question asked and I have Koeitje/Klar on mumble when doing PCWs. Don’t know what more you’d want :D

There simply aren’t a lot of people watching, TviQ has 30 viewers now and he’s streaming a prem official.

Last edited by crouton,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from crouton

[…]

I answer like every question asked and I have Koeitje/Klar on mumble when doing PCWs. Don’t know what more you’d want :D

There simply aren’t a lot of people watching, TviQ has 30 viewers now and he’s streaming a prem official.

Build it and they will come.

We just had 2,000 viewers last weekend for a showmatch. Believe me, the viewers are there, you guys just need to keep pumping out good content. Tviq was getting 1 or 2 viewers only a month ago, and Lane gets MINIMUM 100 viewers. The stats are only going to keep growing.

kaidus

WiK?

Road to getting a successful stream:
Find a prem team filled with eccentric foreigners.
????
Success.

atmo

Quoted from kaidus

Road to getting a successful stream:
Find a prem team filled with eccentric foreigners.
????
Success.

+ use ridiculous anamorphic widescreen

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »