Why aren't you streaming?

Created 17th October 2012 @ 19:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

wolve

[d¿s]
LEGO

Quoted from Andee

[…]

Move to Holland, I pay 60 euro for 120mbit down and 20mbit up.

Or move to Sweden, I pay 15 euro for 100 mbit down and 100 mbit up.

And I don’t stream because my fps is low enough already.

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Skyride

Don’t worry guys Animal is just retarded. No doubt he’ll have some absurdly dumb configuration or setup on his computer that is just destroying his streaming FPS, but since he’s obviously the biggest computer expert on the internet i’m wrong and no one is able to stream fine with settings far lower than what he has.

Also Ghostface, Check out Open Broadcaster Software. It’s fairly new and is just taking big fat smelly dumps all over Xsplit and FFsplit.

What a great tool, I used it this morning and streaming works quite well even on my connection! http://www.speedtest.net/result/2249396836.png

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Limp.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2248633949.png

Now, stop moanig about shit internets you dont have one..

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2249398278.png
mines better

enwyze

I don’t stream because I have nothing interesting to stream plus low division.

Edit: …but computer plus upload would let me do it.

Last edited by enwyze,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

I think the problem is people’s perception of playable. I personally cannot play and stream as no matter what settings I change I just can’t get it to feel as good as when not streaming. If your a massive noob (like cube) then you dont notice the very small imperfections while streaming. And yes I have a good computer and good internet.

Last edited by BoneS,

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Andee

[…]

Move to Holland, I pay 60 euro for 120mbit down and 20mbit up.

I’m paying 10 euros for the same speeds.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from wolve

[…]And I don’t stream because my fps is low enough already.

Quoted from BoneS

I think the problem is people’s perception of playable. I personally cannot play and stream as no matter what settings I change I just can’t get it to feel as good as when not streaming. If your a massive noob (like cube) then you dont notice the very small imperfections while streaming. And yes I have a good computer and good internet.

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Don’t trust him. He doesn’t even get 1000 fps on Process spawn. Get good grandad.

Last edited by CUBE,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

get a job

Skyride

DUCS

As a rule of thumb, streaming with OBS will give you the best FPS and let you do 60fps no problem, but you’ll get a little bit of micro stutter.

The best combination to use for playability is Dxtory + OBS, but the problem is that Dxtory works so wildly differently on various computers. Like with my laptop it’s massively better, when I was setting up Byte’s stream it helped a ton too, but like it’s actually worse for FPS than XSplit on Comedian’s PC, and on a lot of people’s PCs it won’t even load and just crashes.

Last edited by Skyride,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Microstutters. I’m just way to sensitive to non-smooth animations. i5 @ 4.4ghz (was 4.5 when I tried streaming) with a 570GTX OC. It said my FPS was fine, but it didn’t feel fine. It was like I was missing a frame here and there.

For reference: I’m one of those people that still feel that 120hz LCDs still aren’t on the level of CRTs.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Koeitje

Microstutters. I’m just way to sensitive to non-smooth animations. For reference: I’m one of those people that still feel that 120hz LCDs still aren’t on the level of CRTs.

Believe me, when I talk to people about streaming I appreciate this. Nothing beats the old 170hz CRT I have in a cuboard. :) It wasn’t a placebo either, it won’t have been as stable. There are ways to get it very nearly like 99.9% stable, it just takes a lot of tweaking. Only way to 100% get rid of it is a capture card + 2 PCs, but assuming you have a good PC you can reach that comfortable point well before that.

The question I’m asking is always “would you be happy playing an official with this?”. If the answer is yes, we just keep increasing the quality incrementally.

Last edited by Skyride,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Just need a frigging capture card to do it well. Or get a 2nd computer on the stv of your game.

Trane

Quoted from CUBE

[…]

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Don’t trust him. He doesn’t even get 1000 fps on Process spawn. Get good grandad.

Grandad? :D

I always wondered if he was called BoneS due to arthritis.

choiie

keso

I, like many others, get stuttering with similar specs and great internet. I’m using OBS. So how does this dxtory work, and how should I set things up to reduce stuttering to a minimum?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »