Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 65 66 67 ... 73 Next »

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I play on pubs quit frequently and I haven’t seen any speedhacks for a long time. Maybe they did fix it somehow.

AnAkkk

Valve fixing speedhacks? lol…

BTW the plugin doesn’t detect speedhacks, it detects an exploit that some cheats uses to bypass Valve’s “anti speedhack” protection, which barely works (it makes little difference whether cheats use this exploit or not, they can still speedhack).

irfx

EPA

Is there any chance that this plugin will work again?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Name and shame!

zixin

sty
VΛ //

Number of players detected for potentially triggerbotting

can you explain to me what that means cause i had people on my server
who i know don’t use hacks but its picking up saying they are triggerbotting
i

vøid

Quoted from zixin

i

including you ?

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from zixin

i

trust no one

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from zixin

i

Simple, these people are potentially triggerbotting, by itself it means absolutely nothing. Get their POV demos and submit them to the etf2l AC t-, scrap that, upload & post here please.

add

Quoted from Andee

I play on pubs quit frequently and I haven’t seen any speedhacks for a long time. Maybe they did fix it somehow.

I witnissed someone with a speedhack yesterday, so I guess not :/

zixin

sty
VΛ //

Quoted from vøid

[…]

including you ?

yes including me, which is why i don’t understand it so basically you saying it could
say anyone is triggerbotting

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from zixin

[…]

yes including me, which is why i don’t understand it so basically you saying it could
say anyone is triggerbotting

It’s simple;
Without plugin: everyone could be triggerbotting, this group is too big to manually check everyone.
With plugin: creates a list of people that maybe triggerbot (based on a signature bug in most these bots). It is possible to accidentally trigger this bug without hacks. Doesn’t matter since it reduces the number of people that need to be checked tremendously. Instead of having to check everyone someone only needs to check the people marked as ‘potential triggerbot’ to verify.

And that’s the entire point, it’s just one tool in the hands of an AC admin to make his job easier. It does not replace his job at all, it just assists him with his job.

AnAkkk

I’ve checked the “anti speedhack protection bypass” detection, and it still works.
If there hasn’t been any detections in the last months, I guess the most popular cheat using it must have stopped working or got detected.

sejbr

Wouldn’t any questionnaire about that screen making thingy which They “fixed” force them to change their mind if enough signatures are collected ?

AnAkkk

If Valve supports it officially, which will most likely never happen, cheat coders would just disable the cheat when the game is taking a screenshot.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Seen this?

https://github.com/CasualX/SourceProtect

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 65 66 67 ... 73 Next »