Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 64 65 66 ... 73 Next »

AnAkkk

Quoted from Regen

[…]

wot, as in, the upcoming update ;o?

Yes.

Quoted from CapTVK

Anakin, you’ve been in contact with the developers? It would be great if your plugin could become “official”.

Official, how? Valve doesn’t care about cheaters and even the smallest feature such as blocking speedhacks and crit hacks which could have been done years ago has never interested Valve, and I talked to them many times about it.

Quoted from Demetrius

[…]
Anakin, could you provide a little more information about it?

Their next TF2 update, which is actually in TF2 Beta, has changed the name of all the Linux server binaries for the upcoming TF2 Linux client support, and it’s going to break any plugin that relies on these binaries.

Hopefully there aren’t any other changes that will break the plugin, but according to them they have changed a lot of stuff, so there might be…I currently don’t have the time to test the plugin on TF2 Beta but I will this weekend, I hope they won’t release the update by that time.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Do you think this update will affect p-rec?

AnAkkk

Quoted from zen1th

Do you think this update will affect p-rec?

I don’t know, maybe not, depends what they changed on the client.

CapTVK

HoT<3

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

I don’t know, maybe not, depends what they changed on the client.

That’s why I put quotation marks around “official”. I was sort of hoping of that Valve had decided to rely on third party plugins for detection of hacks instead of VAC. That your plugin could officially be used in TF2 like P-Rec. Server side of course, for example you could activate it in tournament mode.

Last edited by CapTVK,

AnAkkk

Great, the next update is definitely going to break all plugins. They no longer use their memory allocation system which is in the Source SDK, that almost all plugins rely on.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from AnAkkk

TF2 Linux client support

Massive spoiler.
Quoted from AnAkkk

Great, the next update is definitely going to break all plugins. They no longer use their memory allocation system which is in the Source SDK, that almost all plugins rely on.

Oh God.

Eniere

Quoted from freshmeatt

Massive spoiler.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/221410

Khronus

.Dicknitas

Will you update tftrue and the anticheat in time?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Eniere

[…]

http://steamcommunity.com/games/221410

They announced that they are porting Source to use OpenGL ages ago, but I didn’t quite know it’s coming so quickly.

atmo

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
They announced that they are porting Source to use OpenGL ages ago, but I didn’t quite know it’s coming so quickly.

they have to release it ASAP after Windows 8 so that they can start moving away from MS and their new software distribution app store

AnAkkk

Update released
– Fixed compatibility issues with the next update

Everything should work fine.

Quoted from Khronus

Will you update tftrue and the anticheat in time?

Just TFTrue left, and if they don’t release the update today (I doubt they will), it should be fine.

AnAkkk

Actually, I fucked up, if you got a linux server and restarted it and got the earlier update, the plugin will not load :/

I reverted the update. It’s actually not possible to make it compatible with the current TF2 and the next update as well, unfortunately. This means that it’ll break with the new update, and I will have to update it shortly after.

AnAkkk

Update
– Compatibility with the new TF2 update

If you have a Linux server, you might need to redownload:
http://tftrue.redline-utilities.net/TriggerBotDetector.zip

AnAkkk

Update:
– Fixed crash after latest update

AnAkkk

Some interesting numbers:

Number of players detected for prediction hacks in the last few months:
September: 193
October: 404
November: 111
December: 207

Number of players detected for speedhack protection bypass in the last few months:
September: 13
October: 20
November: 0
December: 0

Number of players detected for potentially triggerbotting in the last few months:
September: 827
October: 862
November: 411
December: 409

A lot of servers were using the plugin in October, and Valve broke all plugins with an update at the end of the month, that would explain why the numbers are much lower in November and December, as many people haven’t put back the plugin on their servers.

It’s weird there hasn’t been a single “speedhack protection bypass” detection in November and December, maybe the detection is broken or Valve fixed it somehow, I’ll check if it works.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 64 65 66 ... 73 Next »