Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 46 47 48 ... 73 Next »

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

I bring it again, why not sending the screens to server admins instead of sending them to AnAkIn? Would solve all privacy issues

And what would that achieve?

Squirry

nNT ≠

The screenshots would be uploaded to the person that autorized that access in their server to prevent potential cheaters. Im pretty suer that already didn’t do that because that was kinda beta test. Already after so much time working, he’d implement that for sure.

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

And what would that achieve?

The screenies wouldn´t be sent to one single person

Quoted from Squirry

The screenshots would be uploaded to the person that autorized that access in their server to prevent potential cheaters. Im pretty suer that already didn’t do that because that was kinda beta test. Already after so much time working, he’d implement that for sure.

And then what? What will the server owner do? Who says he will upload screenshots of his own team if they show someone cheating?

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

[…]

The screenies wouldn´t be sent to one single person

They are also sitting in your own screenshots folder.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

luzik

Suoli
moog

The screens go to the server admins also. And they go to the players folder aswell.

Septique

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

I bring it again, why not sending the screens to server admins instead of sending them to AnAkIn? Would solve all privacy issues

Great logic. Clearly you don’t have no idea about privacy laws in Europe and in your country.

Last edited by Septique,

fawwles

TSUN~

so now that we all know how easy this is to bypass (hacks can detect when a screenshot is being taken by the client and respond accordingly), what happens now? does anakin have yet another hacky exploit to bypass this behaviour? are you going to hope everybody uses x22/whatever POS hack doesn’t incorporate protection? this looks pretty defeated to me, and why risk running a closed-source plugin on your server when it can be sidestepped within minutes by hack creators?

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

Quoted from Septique

[…]

Great logic. Clearly you don’t have no idea about privacy laws in Europe and in your country.

possible^^ But I still think that its not good if a single person has screens from all competitive TF2 players.

Quoted from Septique

[…]

Ow, so it’s okay to take screens without your consent, as long as only one person gets to see it.

So you won’t mind me searching you either then? You have nothing to hide right? What if I look at the websites you browse via a exploit in Firefox? Don’t worry, only I get to look in your history, nothing to hide right?

Last edited by Crazyman,

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]Ow, so it’s okay to take screens without your consent, as long as only one person gets to see it.

So you won’t mind me searching you either then? You have nothing to hide right? What if I look at the websites you browse via a exploit in Firefox? Don’t worry, only I get to look in your history, nothing to hide right?

It’s a TF2 screenshot…

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

It’s a TF2 screenshot…

It’s your browser history, right there, in Firefox. That’s not outside of Firefox is it? Do you have something to hide?

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]It’s your browser history, right there, in Firefox. That’s not outside of Firefox is it? Do you have something to hide?

Browser history can be used to piece together a surprisingly accurate picture of how you’re thinking, what you’re thinking and what, where and when you’re planning to go or do something, nevermind other secure stuff.

This uses tf2 to take a picture of you playing tf2. Its a little bit different.

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Browser history can be used to piece together a surprisingly accurate picture of how you’re thinking, what you’re thinking and what, where and when you’re planning to go or do something, nevermind other secure stuff.

No, it’s exactly the same. The content is different, but it’s exactly the same. I take something from you without your consent and without you knowing using an exploit.

What, because it’s trivial info it shouldn’t adhere to the same rules?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]
No, it’s exactly the same. The content is different, but it’s exactly the same. I take something from you without your consent and without you knowing using an exploit.

What, because it’s trivial info it shouldn’t adhere to the same rules?

Like said before, hl2.exe and steam.exe already send massive loads of trivial and untrivial info to both Valve and the server you play on. You can counter this by saying nów that you agreed to them being able to do that, but you don’t even know what exact info they are collecting from you, so that’s not a valid retort.

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Yeah man, I remember when I had my brother use my computer when he was like 8. Checked the history and saw “you choobe” “you chube” “boobs” “lady with boobs” “boobs on lady”

Still working out a pattern

EDIT: If anakin keeps going this way, I reckon Valve’ll do a Drunken_F00l on him.

Last edited by Gubbins,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 46 47 48 ... 73 Next »