Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 47 48 49 ... 73 Next »

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Crazyman

[…]Ow, so it’s okay to take screens without your consent, as long as only one person gets to see it.

Anakin will see your crosshair, that will be a personal trauma certainly.

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Like said before, hl2.exe and steam.exe already send massive loads of trivial and untrivial info to both Valve and the server you play on. You can counter this by saying nów that you agreed to them being able to do that, but you don’t even know what exact info they are collecting from you, so that’s not a valid retort.

By using Steam (and TF2) you agree to certain data being transmitted.

By NOT USING THIS PLUGIN YOURSELF SOMEONE USES A CONSOLE COMMAND AND UPLOADING A SCREENSHOT TO HIM.

Seriously, stop using weak arguments. There is no consent, you cannot decide when the data transfer occurs, you cannot see when it does and you don’t know on which server it’s installed. And you don’t how the code works since the exploit can execute any client console command. No, this is not standard for the Source SDK. No, it doesn’t matter that the data is trivial.

There is no consent.

If you want to send Anakin nice pictures of your frags, you can install a client side plugin. For the people who don’t want to waste bandwidth, they can decide to not install anything. The reason therefor is no ones business.

Last edited by Crazyman,

grincheux

Quoted from Salmon

I don’t get why people are all of a sudden so careful about their privacy in tf2. You blindly install metamod, sourcemod and other plugins on your server and don’t question if they privately collect data and send it somewhere. Moreover you join servers randomly and don’t bother to find out what plugins are running on the server, for all we know they could be collecting all sorts of data and sending it to someone (hide yo kids).

For some reason Anakin’s plugin is the problem here, it’s like people are too stupid to realize that someone else could’ve been collecting data all these years when you’ve played tf2.

Let’s just blame Anakin’s plugin for collecting data and not question the other plugins (they must be legit, because they haven’t mentioned anything about uploading screenshots/other data)

Valve has implemented these functions in the game/servers so that these kinds of plugins can be created. So anyone could create a similar plugin and there could very well be plugins that are collecting data from your tf2 game sessions.

If you don’t want to play on a server with Anakins plugin, you better not play on any server, you might be better off just uninstalling or playing on a localhost against bots, because you can never know what plugins are installed on a server.

You can never be too sure, I think everyone would be better of uninstalling the game.

+1

Quoted from Gubbins

EDIT: If anakin keeps going this way, I reckon Valve’ll do a Drunken_F00l on him.

First disable his account, then offer him a job? I can think of worse things to happen.

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

First disable his account, then offer him a job? I can think of worse things to happen.

Or give a hat to everyone who didn’t use the plugin. That was that guy right?

atmo

Quoted from Gubbins

[…]EDIT: If anakin keeps going this way, I reckon Valve’ll do a Drunken_F00l on him.

I imagine that is one of his aims.

MoZz

Updated my HUD :)
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/938128895060758462/7AC76E8BDDF4B43F6F4DF826E0AFCBA0050E1396/

Trath

Quoted from Gubbins

[…]
EDIT: If anakin keeps going this way, I reckon Valve’ll do a Drunken_F00l on him.

I went to google what you are talkinga about, found this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579771

Comment #4 is gold.

Septique

This thread is the funnies in a long time. People are so dumb it hurts my head.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Funny it’s mostly low level scrubs complaining. Trying to hack you way to the top fellows?

MoZz

I play like 10 hours of DM and pub per 2 weeks. Why would I want to cheat?

I just dislike the fact, that you have no clue about what’s going on.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from MoZz

I just dislike the fact, that you have no clue about what’s going on.

What is going on?

MoZz

Gotta ask He-Man.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Koeitje

Funny it’s mostly low level scrubs complaining. Trying to hack you way to the top fellows?

I’m happy in the knowledge my favourite E-Star is not a hacker.

someone give me a TL/DR on this thread

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 47 48 49 ... 73 Next »