Forum

scoutpack

Created 17th February 2009 @ 21:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 Next »

you forgot a few reggin

First Blood – make the first kill on the arena
First Blood pt.2 – kill 5 enemies using “First blood” bonus. (lolhuh?)
Quick Hook – kill an enemy on the Well before the round starts
A Year to Remember – kill 2004 enemies
The Cycle – kill enemy while in air, on the ground and underwater, all during one life

so apparently they are adding a bonus for getting the first kill to arena

eoN^

Double-barrel shotgun (by my guess, pointing out the obvious)

-2 shots, probably 1 kills per shot close up.
-More force
-More recoil

etc etc

So aka more damage less shots tbh maybe no chance to crit :s i dunno sounds very… unoriginal… but anyway im off to bed

frooker

Aren’t “unoriginal” weapons the ones you asked for? ;)

Jonni

[FB]

if there is no chance of crit it means that it will be a more powerfull weapon than the scattergun in our matches. seeing as crits are off anyways. I foresee all scouts using this in the future.

perry

[MIPC]

nightbox :/

Extremer

an energy drink, how original..

toasty.

PHX

Honestly I’m looking forward to it. :) Needs to be said that this is a free update, there isn’t a huge amount you could have done with the scout.

I’m not sure how the speed drink works exactly but won’t this be exactly what scouts want in the initial rush to the centre in 5 cp maps? They could arrive before the demo now?

Norris

scouts could also sneak fast behind enemy lines to ninja cap granary point 2/1 =)

Inexistence

Üb

I get the feeling that it will balance out? So, you take it, run fast for a few seconds, then get a slowdown period. If you ran the whole thing in a straight line, I assume that it’d be the same as if you hadn’t taken it at all? Just that you get further quicker and then the last part of the journey is slow.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

look at the link from anakin (page 7) and the translation of reggin (Get 1000 “missed” damage during 1 life)
it looks like the duration of the drink will never end without external influences

That could have a very strong change of the gameplay

The other thing is the new “scattergun”

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768636

jason

PHX

Great, a more powerful single shot shotgun. I hope they don’t do enough damage for a single meatshot to kill medics.

Like scouts don’t kill me enough in game :(

Jason (medic)

bm

my thoughts exactly jason.

agron

Relic

“Die because of double-barreled shotgun’s recoil”

Achievement.

So it’s possible the new scatter has 2 fire modes, regular scatter shots, and an alt-fire that fires 2 barrels at once but does dmg to the scout too. and 0% to crit.

Well in 6v6 everyone would use that gun if they have 2 fire modes, so meh….we’ll see.

and the energy drink “miss” things. Could it be that only bullets are affected but explosives not, as that drink thing is aimed mostly at goldbowl scouts who want to be able to bypass sentries.

Comedian

its probably that only hitscan weapons will be affected by this

you know… you could probably piss off pub 2fort snipers on the other team by running side to side on the balcony

:D

Randdalf

(0v0)

It only said the scout dodges bullets, so it’s only likely other scout, heavies, snipers and sentries will be largely affected (even then lvl 3 sentries fire rockets). It just makes it a bit harder for other classes to hit them. I guess this is more for escape than assault, because there’s a big risk that the slowdown after it will leave you wide open to be killed.

Also, does the shotgun’s recoil mean the scout gets his own rocket/sticky jump? Also, this could potentially negate the effect of the Sandman, recoil jumping instead of double jumping… Just a theory.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 Next »