Forum

scoutpack

Created 17th February 2009 @ 21:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15

Winneh

[s7]

U do know that u kinda stop for 2 seconds to drink right ?
That means thats probably the worst thing u can do if u want to hide..

The scout cant do anything except running while using that drink (cant cap, cant carry intel, cant block a cp, cant shoot, nothing).

codcrille

Fresh.

If your own scouts simply follows the energy drink scouts it’s a piece of cake to finish them off during the slow down effect afterwards. As easy as that.

sexy_kroete

Kot=Brot

hm, i think its like 1 second to drink! and rly… what is that.. stickies are useless.. scouts can ran through….. imagine you got 2 people dead on team and enemy scouts come with energy drink.. lol…… you can stop defending, cuz of untouchable scouts behind you….

lol.. or an attacking scout, shot to 10 hp, gets in a corner, 1 sec energy drink and he runs back! into his respawning teammates and you have no chance to kill him.

yes… in 1on1 situations or complete 6on6 energy drink is not very usefull. but when your team is retreating, cuz some of your people died or stuff the energy drink CAN BE really really usefull for the attacking team.

J3

Energy drink is the only item that is really useful for a real match, this is because it is better then uber it is like a portable uber with side effects that are not totally bad.
Medics can focus on other classes while a scout blocks and doesnt need any heal for some time…
It is very useful to retreat and to scout sections without risks, u can reload completely a scatter with it and u can get to ur medic safelly.
If we think about it the pistol shots are not that useful in a 6on6 where u have so many spam and shotguns to finish ppl. Also only 1scout could carry it and the other a pistol.
To be perfect it just needed to be given a real speed boost.
I wont even think about using the others inmatch but i will say wot could improve the chances:
force a nature – a faster reload or deal alot more damage at point blank. i wont say numbers, that must be tested.
Sandman – crit beating stuned ennemies, alot more time of fucking stun it is unlikely any1 is going to see any use in stuning someone from 1km away when it has the complete team around.
And ffs if they wont let doublejump with bat is 1thing, but not letting at all it doesnt make any sense. Cut damage and whatever but not djumps…

This was the worst item pack so far. All the other classes have at least 1or 2 that have some purpose in wars that are not toys like this bs bat.

I am still w8ting for the time when the demo will only have 6stickies and cl2 for every1.
But i really like gameplay as it is tbh.

frooker

Actually the Sandman is pretty annoying when it comes to situations like camping in front of a respawn or chasing someone from behind. For the target there’s just nothing you can do at all.

skinnie

TCM

Energy drink is the only item that is really useful for a real match, this is because it is better then uber it is like a portable uber with side effects that are not totally bad.

better than uber ? u cant do any dmg

after playing with all the weapons the only one i think that will be used in matches is the sandman. with some practice u can rlly turn a match around with this weapon

RaCio

GoT²

[-]February 25, 2009 – Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Gameplay changes

Removed the damage reduction against non-stunned enemies on the new bat
Players with full health can now pick up dropped sandviches

Fixes

Reverted the change that treated chat text starting with / as a command instead of passing it through as chat
Fixed a crash related to baseball impacts
Fixed the Heavy’s hands disappearing when he’s stunned while wearing the KGB
Fixed the BONK! particles appearing in the air when the bat’s taunt kill is used on a target
Fixed Force-A-Nature description not fitting inside the item window
Fixed the Axtinguisher

J3

Yes it is better then uber since u cant get stuned while a ubered player can. Ok u cant shoot but u can reload which is not much but it needs some cons anyway, otherwise it wouldnt be a tactical choice since it would be the best item always.
Now with this update i have to reconsider the sandman, it is possible to be used as a tactical choice too.
Still dont think the fan is any use or at least doesnt fits me.
Ps. Prolly they will have some tweaks for the fan too any minute so lets just see.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I think the unlockables are fine and don’t really mind them that much. Should they be allowed? Dunno, I don’t really see why they shouldn’t. You lose DJ with sandman, if you wanna make up for that, you have to choose Force-A-Nature, and a lotta scouts seem to prefer scatter over fan. I think in worst-case scenario you might put a limit to 1 on sandman, ’cause überstunlocks are a bit lol. :/

Disclaimer: my opinions are highly biased and has not been subjected to enough testing.

Crusa

Troopers

IMO all unlockables should be allowed. There are no totally unbalanced items that would break the game.
Yes Sandman can stun you but that means that there will be no double jumping and that scout is much easier to kill. This also brings some new strategies to the game and can give scout a new use in some cases.

People seem to whine that Sandman is overpowered but I think that the FaN is the most powerful new weapon. It gives Scout so much more maneuvrebility that it will be so deadly and annoying in a hands of a great scout that has good aim (can actually hit his two shots).

g0d

lol would you guys stop arguing bout the only good weapon???? they are all good in some ways… I find myself disorientated with all this new shit This is by far the update that impacted gameplay most since the ubersaw who also was “shit” but now when your medic has a lucky hit on some1 with the ubersaw you’re fucked arent yah?

-FORCE A NATURE
-PRO’S
Force a nature doesnt only blow back players it stops them from moving totally.. has better average damage chance then the scatter gun and I found it quite amusing to actually stop the medic from running away with it…
On control points its uber good to use to push people of with it… Scout has a defense touch to it now.
Force a nature fires extremely fast combined with stopping a player from moving if your first shot is a hit at close range you almost have a garantued second hit on him…

-CON’S
Duh the reloading sucks if you shoot once and reload then you might as well just signed your death cause it takes you half a second or slightly longer to reload wich is quite annoying… On the otherhand I didnt get “pwned” to much yesterday by other scouts using scatterguns on me wich tells me it’s quite balanced.

When jumping in air and shooting a target … cause you get blown back by it quite alot but you can use that to jump in and get out as well not really a pro nor a con.

-SANDMAN
-PRO’S
On badlands its UNBELIEVABLy annoying but stays a gimmick at times caused by the con of losing doublejump.
Imagin pushing on mid and just being stunned for 2 seconds recieving massive coordinated spam …

-CONS
Loss of double jump is something I personally would never go without even with the “jump” from the force a nature but thats personal flavor.

-DRINK
-PROS
Having to worry bout scouts going behind while the rest of the enemy teams is pushing… thats annoying… drinks are really good especially for distractions cause when the scouts are going behind the whole team is distracted or at least part of it allowing with again the right coordination the team to push and just kill them with litlle effort..

But hey thats just my 2 cents I’m fucked up as it is by this update cause it changes everything… everything will have to be reconsiderred now..

J3

A possible thing to do is 1st scout equips:scatter,bonk/pistol,bat and 2nd scout:fan,pistol,sandman.
i think this are the possible combinations at matches.
But this is depends very much on the use u r giving to the scout that round.
Now with fan u can jump into the very top of fastlane mid point. On the top of the granary boxes wo/flanking right, on turbine u can jump from mid boxes to top balcony(not very useful but it is possible), jump before round starts on well, gravelpit A house maybe, badlands camping spots in 2 or 3 that were unreachable. And i am only thinking in main maps.
Overall mixed scouts are the future…

g0d

the scouts could allready jump up the container in welll… using red side lamp or stoplight of the train… if you do a good timed double jump it’s quite easy…

J3

man there r so many options now… but I still think serious scouts will still play most of time with the old weapons. Even of some of those jumps r very interesting…. humm…
I just saw the video on gossip and there is a jump he missed, on top of the defensive wall on the spire. U can get there now too.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15