Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »

envy

Yeah, fucking Russians.

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from octochris

[…]

All it would do is deny people that have legitimate reason to want to use a certain rate the opportunity to do so legitimately, whilst the people that wish to rate hack simply have to use different methods.

Meh, everyone should play at standard rates. Fucking with the rates causes lots of problems in most cases.
There’s no way of forcing everyone to do so?
Player shouldn’t be able to get ‘legitimate’ advantages using rates, that’s bullshit.. I mean, so called ‘rate hackers’ should be forced to use normal rates. So they cant gimp people with their nonreg shit

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from Kvux

[…]

Meh, everyone should play at standard rates. Fucking with the rates causes lots of problems in most cases.
There’s no way of forcing everyone to do so?
Player shouldn’t be able to get ‘legitimate’ advantages using rates, that’s bullshit.. I mean, so called ‘rate hackers’ should be forced to use normal rates. So they cant gimp people with their nonreg shit

Why stop with rates? I think this guy is onto something, should lock every CVAR in the game (with a few exceptions so we can be just a little bit flexible). I mean, in most cases they cause problems for people who don’t know what they do, and they might be used to give “legitimate” advantages. I like your thinking, keep up the good work!

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

You had something similar for CSS LAN games.
The pc’s were pre-installed with a GUI which only gave acces to certain commands (through a user interface, basically an extended multiplayer options).

But I don’t think the community has that much of an issue playing russians. If you suspect them ratehacking just play your matches at 22:00CEST and they’re all asleep already.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

If you two ladies would read more into this problem, you would know that setting a default non-editable rate setting doesn’t solve this. You can simply adjust your router/modem settings to accomplish the same thing.. Furthermore I don’t think this is a huge problem, I never had problems hitting russians and I doubt alot rate hack. Most of the time it’s a faulty server, bad routing, etc that cause network problems.

Last edited by Andee,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Andee

Most of the time it’s a faulty server, bad routing, etc that cause network problems.

And people go “we can’t play on your server cause we have bad pings to NL, let’s play on our multiplay UK one cause multiplay servers are the best in the world!!11”

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

NL doesn’t even have a working goverment, so that sounds like a true statement. Fuck the dutch.

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from Andee

If you two ladies would read more into this problem, you would know that setting a default non-editable rate setting doesn’t solve this. You can simply adjust your router/modem settings to accomplish the same thing.. Furthermore I don’t think this is a huge problem, I never had problems hitting russians and I doubt alot rate hack. Most of the time it’s a faulty server, bad routing, etc that cause network problems.

I would even go so far as to say that using bad rates (non optimal for some setup) helps increase the amount of problems others experience – if we look at in-game net settings alone. So, it would be counter-productive to expect everyone to be able to use the same standard rates.

Last edited by MR JOHNSON,

Rin

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]And people go “we can’t play on your server cause we have bad pings to NL, let’s play on our multiplay UK one cause multiplay servers are the best in the world!!11”

Christ. I get better pings to NL than UK or DE.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Andee

NL doesn’t even have a working goverment, so that sounds like a true statement. Fuck the dutch.

Belgium didn’t need one so why should we?

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

fuck you all, I use rockets.

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Belgium didn’t need one so why should we?

qft

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Andee

But our server has bad hit registration :o)

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Andee

So? It’s still usefull as they cant edit their rates. I’m aware that fucking with the modem/router can give gay results as well, but that takes more work. Besides you cant change the settings as quick as with rates. So jumping back and forth between rates isn’t an option
This is only a problem if you run into them, obviously. Try mixing with a bunch of cunts who use these ‘legitimate’ tricks, and tell me they have the same hitreg as standard.
And of course the server helps too, but I believe that it’s a start

AnAkkk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »