Forum

unlocks thread

Created 13th October 2011 @ 14:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

wpminnows

[PG]

this isn’t an unlocks-in-etf2l thread, just wondering what unlocks people would want allowed in a ‘cinnamon’ ruleset (or whatever you call ‘some unlocks are banned’) and why

i like the gunboats because i like to jump

Last edited by wpminnows,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

FREE THE GUNSLINGER!

Skyride

DUCS

This thread won’t achieve anything. I don’t mean even like “well it’s not going to make any of the leagues change their minds”. What I mean is not a single living person will benefit from the existence of this thread.

We’ll start on page 1 with a couple of reasonable suggestions. Then on page 2, they’ll continue for a bit, but with a few silly opinions from the usual trolls/div6 baddies. As the thread continues, a higher percentage of every new page’s posts will start to consist of these stupid, uneducated opinions.

Then at some point, someone will read a daft post and bite. Whether it be a troll looking to bait, someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about and doesn’t know it, or just someone who is actually good at TF2 and couldn’t resist the urge to tell someone they’re wrong, it’ll happen. That will then end up developing into a heated argument, with other people getting involved. Lots of insults will be thrown around, and people will get crazy angry, simply because they can’t shout at the person through a computer, nor express their opinions fully because words alone simply cannot express the intensity of them. It’s all cyclical, and it’ll just get worse, and worse, and worse.

Then we’ll end up with a horrible, off topic thread filled with lots of angry people.

And then Ashkan will lock it and we’ll all hate on him in IRC because he doesn’t even play 6v6.

Welcome to etf2l.org

Last edited by Skyride,

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from Skyride

This thread won’t achieve anything. I don’t mean even like “well it’s not going to make any of the leagues change their minds”. What I mean is not a single living person will benefit from the existence of this thread.

We’ll start on page 1 with a couple of reasonable suggestions. Then on page 2, they’ll continue for a bit, but with a few silly opinions from the usual trolls/div6 baddies. As the thread continues, a higher percentage of every new page’s posts will start to consist of these stupid, uneducated opinions.

Then at some point, someone will read a daft post and bite. Whether it be a troll looking to bait, someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about and doesn’t know it, or just someone who is actually good at TF2 and couldn’t resist the urge to tell someone they’re wrong, it’ll happen. That will then end up developing into a heated argument, with other people getting involved. Lots of insults will be thrown around, and people will get crazy angry, simply because they can’t shout at the person through a computer, nor express their opinions fully because words alone simply cannot express the intensity of them.

Then we’ll end up with a horrible, off topic thread filled with lots of angry people.

And then Ashkan will lock it and we’ll all hate on him in IRC because he doesn’t even play 6v6.

Welcome to etf2l.org

yeah but it’ll be fun to watch

hans

nvm wasn’t funny

Last edited by hans,

Dummy

gunboats.
just because such a silly weapon (even if used creatively) causes so much rage while being quite easy to counter c=

Vali

-9w-

Buff banner
Degreaser/Axtinguisher/Flaregun
Scottish Resistence
Gunslinger
Huntsman/Snaggleback

I would call it the “Funlocks” ruleset.

Skully

Quoted from Skyride

Then at some point, someone will read a daft post and bite. Whether it be a troll looking to bait, someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about and doesn’t know it, or just someone who is actually good at TF2 and couldn’t resist the urge to tell someone they’re wrong, it’ll happen. That will then end up developing into a heated argument, with other people getting involved. Lots of insults will be thrown around, and people will get crazy angry, simply because they can’t shout at the person through a computer, nor express their opinions fully because words alone simply cannot express the intensity of them. It’s all cyclical, and it’ll just get worse, and worse, and worse.

Welcome to etf2l.org

Ritalin

[d¿s]

I miss only Bonk and the Pain Train. I feel these two weapons just gave a little extra depth to certain classes and would have provided the opportunity to surprise the opponent in certain situations. Bonk was always underrated as a distraction technique to confuse demomen who are watching their stickies (while the enemy push comes in from the other side :D)

I guess I should say that I’m completely fine with Vanilla or Cinnamon and I’m not going to moan about any unlock rule. I’m glad we finally have an simple, uniformed ruleset. I enjoy TF2 either way.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Bonk, C’n’D, Axetinguisher – those would be nice and not too imba.

Sandvich, Gunslinger, Huntsman – those would be ok, but do shift the game balance.

gunboats and equi share the same flaw of too mobile solis.

demo is fine, medic has everything.

Last edited by Tehgnarr,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Oh, I forgot: where is the Quick Fix? Just an idea I’ll throw out there.

I know it’s “not as good”, but I’m sure a better Medic than myself can come up with some clever strategies with it.

For example, it *could* possibly be useful when your team get wiped at mid and you won’t have a regular uber in time to save last point.

Setlet

Quoted from Ritalin

For example, it *could* possibly be useful when your team get wiped at mid and you won’t have a regular uber in time to save last point.

But you dont have overheal so it’s worthless. Kritzkrieg builds as fast as quick fix, so I think it would be more ideal.

Last edited by Setlet,

n00ne

let me use my targe and eyelander!!!!!!

Ghostface

spire

But while Quick Fix gives your medic extra-regeneration, kritzkrieg leaves him vulnerable.

Dummy

Quoted from Ritalin

I miss only Bonk and the Pain Train. I feel these two weapons just gave a little extra depth to certain classes and would have provided the opportunity to surprise the opponent in certain situations. Bonk was always underrated as a distraction technique to confuse demomen who are watching their stickies (while the enemy push comes in from the other side :D)

I guess I should say that I’m completely fine with Vanilla or Cinnamon and I’m not going to moan about any unlock rule. I’m glad we finally have an simple, uniformed ruleset. I enjoy TF2 either way.

crazy person.
bonk can be abused so hard (look at x6’s 16-0-0 breeze-through 2 seasons ago in ESEA, bonk was a huge part of it)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »