Forum

scouts killing each other

Created 30th August 2011 @ 23:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Mordi

≧◡≦

if it was possible i think we would see it way more often.. i think..

drizzy

Quoted from stuntz

Happens in quakeworld too :) its just lag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZWVY_GrHDU&feature=player_detailpage#t=291s

the guy died with a rocket and still got the kill with the shotgun after he died.

he died from the guy respawning (there’s a respawn spot just behind him), not from a posthumous shotgun shot. when this was created there was no lag compensation in QW.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Surely this is easy to test? Get two scout down to less than 10 health either end of badlands mid, count down on mumble and shoot scatter gun pellets at each other?

Mordi

≧◡≦

Quoted from Monkeh

Surely this is easy to test? Get two scout down to less than 10 health either end of badlands mid, count down on mumble and shoot scatter gun pellets at each other?

there’s no way they’re gonna shoot at the exactly same time.

dauk

you can do it with bots

Monkeh

Quoted from Mordi

there’s no way they’re gonna shoot at the exactly same time.

Sounds like a challenge…

Matuka

Pretty sure that the scout’s scattergun is projectile-based. So it’s plausible.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Sounds like a challenge…

Proving that depends on how anal you want to get about “exactly the same time”.

Monkeh

Exactly the same time isn’t that relevant really, the question is can two scouts kill each other. I reckon watching demo’s you can see the pellets flying out of the gun in slo motion, so that means there is a time lag between firing and hitting….mebbe.

So I say two scouts on opposite trains badlands mid, less than 10 health each, countdown on mumble and both fire 1 shot as close to the same time as possible, see if you can get both dieing.

Might take a few attempts, but I’d make a gentlemans wager it can be done.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Monkeh

Exactly the same time isn’t that relevant really, the question is can two scouts kill each other. I reckon watching demo’s you can see the pellets flying out of the gun in slo motion, so that means there is a time lag between firing and hitting….mebbe.

So I say two scouts on opposite trains badlands mid, less than 10 health each, countdown on mumble and both fire 1 shot as close to the same time as possible, see if you can get both dieing.

those are just the “tracers” and they are unrelated to hitting the enemy, hitscan is instant regardless of distance. I’d say it’s not possible, seen a few vids with bots shooting same tick and BLU always won. imho even with major latency difference the final thing is done by the server and one guy will have died before the other guy and the shot will not register then even if you got it off from your pov.

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from Monkeh

Would be rather impossible. Even if this was possible technically (same tick or something like that) the humans wouldn’t fire at the exact same millisecond because of reaction times. Plus different pinging from mumble and stuff like that.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

why is this the great argument of our time?

also Monkeh you’re experiment would need to be more controlled for it to be fair. that’s why bots are better.. and looking at the videos of bots seems clear the answer.

Monkeh

Quoted from Si^

…and looking at the videos of bots seems clear the answer.

Link?

Hyde.

maksa

i want to believe *x files theme tune*

Last edited by Hyde.,

AnimaL

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Link?

Quoted from yach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2PVd-y8O2I

Seems random