Created 30th August 2011 @ 23:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Not possible surely?

ashkan

Quoted from CrashSite

Not possible surely?

That would require me to actually manage to kill an opponent…
So in my case, no. Definitely not possible.

bìester

Quoted from Gubbins

I don’t believe this at all.

gibix

iH

i think it is possible, just like 2 solly’s or 2 demo’s or 2 medics can kill eachother at the same time

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

No, that’s different as they’re not using hitscan weapons….

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from gibix

i think it is possible, just like 2 solly’s or 2 demo’s or 2 medics can kill eachother at the same time

those are projectile weapons. the scattergun+pistol etc are hitscan weapons.

from a technical point of view:
assume two scouts are shooting at the exact same tick.
i don’t think the game logic is calculating all effects triggered by actions in that tick first and then applies them, but rather applies them directly – always in the same order obviously. so first all red players (red == 2, blue == 3 -> red is probably first) are getting their hits calculated, then all blue players – some of them died in the same frame, so their action (+attack) does not trigger an action (hurt player) anymore.

that’s all just an assumption… but you could easily test this with a bit of sourcemod.
it could even work with the mimicking bots – though i don’t know exactly WHEN their actions are getting mimicked.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Think I’ve seen this happen once. Not quite sure anymore now, since people say it’s impossible.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from bìester

[…]

kawaii

do you can send me demo? :D

FireStorm

-9m-

Quoted from dave

[…]…
i don’t think the game logic is calculating all effects triggered by actions in that tick first and then applies them, but rather applies them directly – always in the same order obviously. so first all red players (red == 2, blue == 3 -> red is probably first) are getting their hits calculated, then all blue players…

I remember seeing a reply from valve about this in a email on the SUF somewhere, you are almost right but it uses entity ids, so when a player joined the server or spawned(not sure which?) they are assigned one and it processes them in ascending order.

If you try to get two bots to kill each other at the same time using bot mimic, one always kills the other, never do both players die. On this evidence I would say its not possible but would love to see it happen. It used to happen rarely in cod 2, battlefield games have bullet travel time so in that world its perfectly possible to both be killed by each other as bullets may still be in flight after you killed them so are really just fast projectiles.

Never seen it before in my many hours on this game so … youtube or it didn’t happen.

FireStorm

n00ne

That situation has happened to me before, where I kill someone else a milisecond before I get killed myself. But two scouts killing eachother isn’t possible.
Because whenever this is about to happen one of the shots doesn’t register. For example, if you and the enemy scout shoot at the same time and you get killed from that shot, then the shot that you might have already fired will technically hit him, but won’t register.

yach

Üb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2PVd-y8O2I

Seems random

Bonkers

well ages ago my mate was on a sniper server and due to ping and such an enemy sniper headshotted him BUT the same enemy sniper also got headshotted by my mate while he was dead.
maybe the other guy or you yourself had really bad ping

Last edited by Bonkers,

stuntz

Happens in quakeworld too :) its just lag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZWVY_GrHDU&feature=player_detailpage#t=291s

the guy died with a rocket and still got the kill with the shotgun after he died.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Like I said, you can’t test this under LAN conditions, then the tick rule goes. But when you are on a real server with different latencies, you can get mirror killed.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »