Created 5th August 2011 @ 17:31

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

broesel

LAME

why?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

What do you mean by tryhards? Surely the whole point of MGE is to train yourself in a 1v1 situation DM wise. You’ve not really said anything here.

Kinyu

popkõrns

That’s what you get when you put on some kind of ranking on a training server

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

People who go spec when they’re losing, rage at you for jumping (lol???), kill you while you’re on the phone :D

Ghent

Team

Why not?

archy

my definition of tryhard on mge is the following:

when someone does sthg that he would normally do in a normal situation just to get an advantage in this speficic 1v1 situation

example:

when you are soldier on gran mid/blands spire and rocket jump from top of the spire/crate when your opposing soldier is jumping to you
spamming 8 stickies out of your launcher like a madman to finish of the one demoman that is playing like a normal humanbeing (in a normal match you just cant waste so much stickies on a single demo)

oh and yes, they are annoying as fuck

Quoted from Enef

What do you mean by tryhards? Surely the whole point of MGE is to train yourself in a 1v1 situation DM wise. You’ve not really said anything here.

that is very true! but only as long as you stick to some kind of normal moves/actions. nobody on the world can convince me that laming (tryharding according to what i stated before) on mge gives them an advantage in a normal pcw/mix/official aim wise.

peace.

Last edited by archy,

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Enef

I mean people using gay tactics (I’m not homophobic, sry if I insulted anyone – I just couldn’t think of a better term) that won’t make them any better at DM situations because they don’t grant them a kill by skill, but rather just by lame positioning that is totally planned through and won’t work like this in a match anyways due to the randomness of situations occuring in a match. Like sitting on the fence on spire all the time or looking over the ledge onto stone-bridge etc.

Vince

BiG

What’s worse than people doing X on MGE is people complaining about people doing X.

randa

lvl up

stvv

WUL

Quoted from randa

lvl up

2nuts

Quoted from broesel

[…] Like sitting on the fence on spire all the time

This I can understand but..
Quoted from broesel

[…] looking over the ledge onto stone-bridge etc.

Whats wrong with looking down at stone-bridge when someone is going to rj up to you?

broesel

LAME

Quoted from 2nuts

Whats wrong with looking down at stone-bridge when someone is going to rj up to you?

Getting hit by a rocket in the face 10ms after jumping off the bridge cause the guy up there just spammed your head..

AnimaL

umad?

instag1b

Panda

I know how to solve this.

mgemod_stats 0

Seriously though, mgemod would be a much nicer place without points.

Last edited by instag1b,

freakz

[8U]

Other thing is groundspamming, OMFG EVERY1 CAN SHOOT ROCKETS AT GROUND ;D
I want to jump up in order to put myself in a position to recap spire as in a real 6v6 but no, as soon as i fall down there’s a rain of rockets and i can’t do anything. When somebody groundspamms it just shows how idiotic he is imo. There’s no real skill req. to shoot rockets at some1’s head while u have the height advantage. And also as mentioned people jump up while u you up to spire. Just stop worrying about the freaking points people, try to improve yourself, this is one of the reasons why i have usually played MGE with a MGE buddy, a guy i sit in mumble or i listen to music while we play eachother and there are certain rules to make it more as in a real 6v6 situation.

Ty XorZ and DCOY ;)

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »