New players/teams - we need to do more!

Created 28th June 2011 @ 17:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
unless you co-lead while explaining to the captain the why’s what and how’s of it

Pretty much what I was saying but okay, this.

Freeflow

бекон

Quoted from flushy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aqxiw7efqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cKgFJXEvQ

Jammi

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Also we should make sure Dummy is locked in a cage somewhere.

On another, more serious note, I would be happy to do this sort of service (inb4 “you bad/stupid”), if someone wants to set up a steam group where people can add mentors I will, mix and give tips with anyone who wants them.

So I made a mistake adding dummy when he asked me to in the newbie thread? -.-

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I would love to make an “academy” team of 7-8 players (with me playing different classes whenever they need) from the recruitment page and train them up for next season but I dont want to have to leave my own roster to do it. I think a buddy system for the 6v6 ladder or something might be useful for this.

Jammi

Quoted from Enef

I would love to make an “academy” team of 7-8 players (with me playing different classes whenever they need) from the recruitment page and train them up for next season but I dont want to have to leave my own roster to do it. I think a buddy system for the 6v6 ladder or something might be useful for this.

Just create a second account if its allowed in etf2l.

Ordinator

tuhi

Quoted from tay

[…]
sniping in tf2 is so shit compared to css :(

too bad u cant no-zoom-1-shoot-ppl in tf :(

Martn

Quoted from Enef

You can create a new team without leaving your current one.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Make a ‘New Teams’ or ‘Newbies’ forum on ETF2L. It would be a safe haven for new players or teams to ask questions, get support etc…

Some of the new, dedicated players have a lot of questions to ask, other people need to know stuff but can’t be bothered to ask. At least by having a dedicated forum, you have a place for the questions to be asked, and a place where new players can look for answers to questions that have allready been answered.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yep what Acid said, a newbie forum – Plus a main post on the main etf2l page perhaps including alot of info/links from the “New to tf2/comp scene” thread thats stickied.

Then post this on SPUF (even tho it’ll get flamed by the trolls on there its still good info) also if we could get valve to announce in their next post somthing like “The guys over at ETF2L have made a cool informational post for all you new guys if you’re looking to get into playing some organised games” Then they’d come over read it all up, check it and start to then play lobbys, pickups ask for mentors, etc etc. Perhaps in the newbie forum there could be a place to ask for help in their game/mentors also. And it cuts out people being a cunt like in that thread yesterday ” LOL PLAYING TF2 ON A MAC? FAGLOLOL”

Sorted!

If the admins are to busy to post this up, give me a shout and i can help construct somthing.

RaCio

GoT²

Martn is correct, you should be able to create and manage a team without being on the roster.

@tapley, competitive content isnt allowed on the SPUF front page usually. So it sounds easier then it is.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from RaCio

Martn is correct, you should be able to create and manage a team without being on the roster.

@tapley, competitive content isnt allowed on the SPUF front page usually. So it sounds easier then it is.

Perhaps call it somthing different, ETF2L’s guide for new players to TF2? :). either way aslong as it gets put on teamfortress.com thats probably the main place.

To make this place a big more “newb friendly” will help things out alot.

RaCio

GoT²

Yeah, valve’s news feed would be perfect for these kinds of things.

Another interesting issue would be what kind of questions we’d aim for. A general “ask the pro’s” where players can ask general tf2 tips for anything, or only things strictly related to competitive play?

ashkan

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Yep what Acid said, a newbie forum – Plus a main post on the main etf2l page perhaps including alot of info/links from the “New to tf2/comp scene” thread thats stickied.

Then post this on SPUF (even tho it’ll get flamed by the trolls on there its still good info) also if we could get valve to announce in their next post somthing like “The guys over at ETF2L have made a cool informational post for all you new guys if you’re looking to get into playing some organised games” Then they’d come over read it all up, check it and start to then play lobbys, pickups ask for mentors, etc etc. Perhaps in the newbie forum there could be a place to ask for help in their game/mentors also. And it cuts out people being a cunt like in that thread yesterday ” LOL PLAYING TF2 ON A MAC? FAGLOLOL”

I would like to see an info page in typical TF2 fashion: http://etf2l.org/highlander/
I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t suit, and I think it would be a great way of promoting comp and spreading and teaching the basics, without being boring rather than attractive.

Have a look through the info that Monkeh gathered in his thread: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-12510/?recent=274229
I think that would work well in the format I suggested, with links, embedded Youtube clip and stuff like that.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from RaCio

I can make recruitment posts, organise games, enter cups with the team without being on their roster? That’s the main issue i see. The things that are made easier by being part of a roster are made quite difficult when you aren’t, imo.

Martn

Quoted from Enef

[…]

I can make recruitment posts, organise games, enter cups with the team without being on their roster? That’s the main issue i see. The things that are made easier by being part of a roster are made quite difficult when you aren’t, imo.

Yes you can! (And now you’re obliged to do it too!)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »